“Nice lunch”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Had lunch here on a miserably cold, rainy day but still enjoyed the view of the water. Hosts were friendly and seated us immediately. The food is very good. We all had a hard time deciding. I had a very good turkey club but was tempted by several salads and the chowder. Our table enjoyed schrod, the lobster roll, squash ravioli and the turkey dinner. Portions were large and we all took home leftovers. Unfortunately, the service could have been better. An iced tea arrived without lemon and we had to request sweetener twice. Halfway through my meal, I got asked if I wanted ketchup for my fries. Not very attentive. Given the quality of food and the atmosphere, we are hoping to return to sit outside by the water.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Long time guest. Love the food, service and it’s very clean.
Last night after another really good meal I asked my wife if she thought our male server was a bit flirtatious and unprofessional. She agreed but thought he’s doing his best. He addressed any concerns to her only and never faced me once. He also used language I’d expect from a high school person...”I’ll hook you up...” that sorta stuff. My complaint;
We got served desert and coffee and just began digging into it when the make sever returned. “There is a long line outside and can you finish up and not hang around cause we need to seat more guests!”
I spoke to manager on the way out and she was upset. (We’ve waited over an hour to eat here before and most customers expect that a a good restaurant.) But to be asked to leave before I even ate half my desert was wrong. They need to retrain they’re staff and spend more time watching their employees and not the line out front.
Im not likely to return before 2020.

1  Thank Bob B
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Dishes here are classic-to-the-point-of-being old-fashioned, mostly beef and seafood dishes. The lobster ravioli is delicious, with a cream sauce that's sweet and fresh but heavy. Surf and turn is well-presented, a heap of stuffed shrimp and short rib meat. Dishes are very filling. The chef is not whimsical or light-handed, with heavy cream sauces that were popular in past eras of dining and which would not please a diet-conscious crowd (although there are salad and soup options).

You have to know where to turn off the main street (Quincy Ave) but once you meander through the boatyard to the water, the restaurant offers excellent water views. It's a popular Quincy/Weymouth meeting place, as large groups are easily accommodated in its large dining rooms. While it evokes a seafood restaurant more than a fancy place, it's a popular, pricey, choice for special occasions.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Quincy in March, not my first choice but a sunny day brought us to the seaside. Incredible baked brussels sprouts and the chowder and lobster roll made this harbour restaurant a good find. Summertime would be beautiful.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Met our friends there for lunch. A nice spot for some tasty food. Had scallops with sweet pea risotto. Very tasty. Good service, reasonable prices, nice view of the water. It works for me!

Been to Inn At Bay Pointe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK