I left Boothbay Harbor at around eight thirty, headed to Bar Harbor on business. As I headed north, I called the Bluenose Inn, just to make sure someone would still be there waiting for me when I arrived later that night. The phone was answered promptly and most friendly. They assured me that the desk was staffed twenty-four hours; grateful, I told them that I would be arriving around eleven, she made a note and wished me safe travels. Fast forward three hours, I made it to Bar Harbor, despite the GPS sending me through rural back roads. I would have to say the most memorable part of the journey was crossing over the Penobscot Narrows Bridge, as it felt as though I was driving through the sky. I made the turn up the hill to the Bluenose and instantly new I had chose the right place. Parking quickly, I made my way into the beautiful lobby. The check-in process was quick, and very friendly, with the young lady going above and beyond to share her knowledge of the area. The next time I am in Bar Harbor, I will certainly take advantage of this inn's wonderful amenities, including two pools and a spa, but alas, the late hour precluded most leisure activities. Registered and welcomed, I headed up to my room; I admit I was a bit sad that I didn't have a chance to enjoy the menu, as it made for a delicious read on my way to the third floor. My room was spacious, immaculately clean, and well appointed. I was able to catch the end of the Celtics game while enjoying the large, comfortable king bed. The gas fireplace was a nice touch, and though it was dark, I looked forward to the view from the deck in the morning. A hot bath completed the evening, and off the dreamy land. In the morning, the shower was hot with great pressure, the soaps, etc, were of great quality; it was really clear that someone had taken their time choosing these items for their guest's benefit. I enjoyed a cup of coffee brewed in-room and pulled the curtains to reveal the pièce de résistance- the view from the large deck was breathtaking; a panoramic view of Frenchman's Bay. My only regret about my trip is that I could not stay longer. I am already planning to bring my wife with me on the next trip; she will enjoy it just as much as I did. I will be sure to book a massage for her at the spa! Can't wait for the next visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bluenose Inn is a AAA rated hotel, an elegant immaculate treasure featuring breathtaking views of Frenchman Bay. Set atop a magnificent granite-terraced hillside, the hotel is one of the most beautiful spots on the Atlantic. 97 Classically appointed rooms located in our two buildings. Dining in The Looking Glass with panoramic views, cocktails in the magnificent Great Room, heated indoor and outdoor pools, hot tub,steam room, spa & complete fitness center and wi-fi throughout the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bar Harbor Hotel - Bluenose Bar Harbor
- Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel Maine