Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Dreamer14755
Quincy, Massachusetts

Beautiful hotel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 May 2024via mobile
Stayed for a visit to Acadia park. Hotel was very clean and staff very friendly. Heated pool and Jacuzzi were a great added pleasure in mid may to be able to use. The views r amazing restaurant on the property had great food and staff. Quiet and near everything. I will be back.
Date of stay: May 2024
4.4 km from Holiday Inn Resort Bar Harbor - Acadia Natl Park, an IHG Hotel
Pool
View more hotels in Bar Harbor
1,732 results
All reviews hot tub acadia national park lobster close to town regency balcony bay mile shuttle maine onsite waterfront
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 January 2024

This place was a cost effective place to stay in Bar Harbor, but there wasn't anything very special about it. The food was decent, but pretty basic. We had breakfast each morning, but ate out the rest of the time. Still had to drive into the downtown area.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Resort Bar Harbor - Acadia Natl Park, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2024

Dear Gail Morgan T,

Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Resort Bar Harbour while visiting Bar Harbour and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. It's a pleasure having you as our guest.

I am pleased that our food and the location of our hotel met your expectations. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience. It is always great to hear from our valued guests about how we are doing. Once again, thank you for selecting to stay with us.

We would be delighted if you visit us again in the future.

Best Regards,

Ben W.
Case Manager
IHG Hotels and Resorts Service

Reviewed 2 January 2024 via mobile

The pros: This is a dog-friendly hotel with plenty of areas to walk your dog. There is free parking with ample spaces. Location is close to nearby attractions. There are two restaurants on site with good food. Try the blueberry pie with lemon curd, yum! Rooms are spacious and most rooms have good views.

The cons: This place is old and it shows! Several areas have a musty smell. Signs of wear and tear everywhere.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2023

This is a low end resort in my view. Front desk had both helpful and not helpful staff.

I had originally asked for a ocean view which I found they say is nearly all of their rooms. We also asked to be put in the main building given past reviews. They put us in one of the outbuildings called Proctor Wing. The room was very mildewy smelling and my wife is allergic to mold which she could tell after being there only 5 min. We requested another room that did not smell of mold. The gentleman at the front desk went to check it himself and gave another room after about 10 minutes. Same wing. We could tell they had sprayed some freshener but it was still moldy. He had assured us it was fine despite knowing my wife is allergic. This time we insisted on the main building which they finally gave us. Way better. Still not great but at least Holiday Inn clean. This is the main reason for the lower review.

I do have to say the grounds were quite nice including the pool area which overlooked the sea.

Room tip: Get a room in the Main Building!
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Resort Bar Harbor - Acadia Natl Park, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2023

Dear JDL_Traveller,

Thank you for selecting our Holiday Inn Resort Bar Harbour while visiting Bar Harbour and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. It's a pleasure having you as our guest.

I am truly sorry you did not experience an exemplary stay due to the service of our staff and the smell of mildew in the room. This is certainly below our usual high standard of service. Please be certain that I have noted and forwarded your feedback for the management to improve. In the middle of your experience, I am glad to know that our pool area was still appreciated.

I hope you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Best Regards,

Ben W.
Case Manager
IHG Hotels and Resorts Service

Reviewed 2 November 2023

This is not your typical Holiday Inn so I was pleasantly surprised at the luxury bedding and facilities. Our stay was towards the end of their season in October so not everything was open like the shuttle to the downtown area and the tiki bar on the water…just a little too chilly for it although there were some pleasant days and a few heaters would have done the trick. The hot tub and heated pool were open and was perfect for the cool weather. They have a lovely ocean view restaurant and nice size bar and comfortable seating area below.

But there were two things that made this resort a standout…the front desk staff who were incredible and the bed which was the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept on in a hotel. In fact, so much so, I called after our stay to inquire about the model of the mattress. Unfortunately, they closed up for the season before they could get back to me. Not to forget the sheets which also were of excellent quality.

There are two reasons I did not give this wonderful hotel 5 stars. Noise. The doors to the room bang shut when they close. I understand the safety reason for doors closing quickly but do they have to be so loud that when people leave at 6-7 a.m. it wakes you up? Also the cleaning crew starts early and even though we didn’t hear a lot of talking, we could hear their movements. Luckily, the bed was so comfortable, we were able to get back to sleep. I think playing white noise on my phone would have helped.

The rooms had a large flat screen tv for those rainy days you didn’t want to go outside. We found the room very clean except for some stains on the carpet, but it was the end of the season. The lighting was good which is hard to find in hotels since saving energy has become a hot topic. Finally, something that is no longer available in hotels these days…daily housekeeping!

I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely book it again if we ever returned to Bar Harbor.

Reviewed 29 October 2023

My wife and I stayed here as part of our New England Fall Foliage tour. The hotel is well run, very clean and comfortable. We were very satisfied with it. One of the best things it has is a beverage lounge which provides coffee, tea, cocoa and water. It is a nice amenity.