All reviewsrooms are smallfire pitnightly campfireacadia national parkthe maintenance manheated poolice machinepicnic tablescoffee makerplace to sleeplaundry roomnice poolacadia and bar harborlight sleeperstay there againmusty smellnice stay
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Super clean and wonderful staff. I wish this had popped up when I was searching TripAdvisor for budget motels but I had to find it through Google. We wanted to spend our money on experiences and food because, really, a hotel room for us when on vacation is just a place to sleep. Our room was plenty big and, yes, you can hear traffic and your neighbors but we turned on the fan in the room AC unit and it provided nice white noise for all of that.

We had read about the fire pit and brought the makings for s'mores which we enjoyed sharing with the other guests, meeting new people and hearing of others' adventures. Really nice people stay here! All in all it was a great experience. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

To be fair these people tried, it had all the amenities you would expect, in some fashion or other. The room was tiny the bathroom tinier, the walls were so thin you could hear next door talking, there was no quality to anything. My test is always would I stay again and I am sorry to say I would not. Had it been cheap as chips that would have been fair dos, but it wasn't, it was not located near Bar Harbor at all as had been suggested.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Full disclosure, I was here for five days of hiking in the Park, which may give you an idea of my expectations. Others have commented on the spare, small nature of the rooms. Not sure I can break new ground, but here goes: The owners are friendly and eager to be helpful. The laundry facilities worked well (two washers, two dryers). Besides the pool, for children there's play equipment, plenty of area to roam, and an evening campfire. Besides the ubiquitous lobster eateries there are two restaurants less than five minutes' drive away; in the other direction, a small IGA only a little farther. The property offers bins for recyclable cans and bottles, which struck me as progressive. It seemed close to the Hulls Cove entrance to the Park, especially for the reasonable price. Someone else suggested asking for a room in the teens or 20s to avoid highway noise; I did so in advance, was given room 20. Bottom line, if I were to return on a similar outing I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

This little motel is very clean and well kept overall; I think the cleanest motel I've ever stayed in. The management is friendly and the grounds are really nice with a dog walk area and firepit. It's in a good location for adventures in the area and surrounding. I stayed here 5 nights and got good sleep each night; no loud or rowdy environment.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights during our vacation. We wanted an affordable, basic place to stay since we were planning to be in the park all day and this place definitely fit the bill! Room was small but clean and with all the essentials. Bed was comfortable and room/location quiet enough for us. Nice nightly fire pit and outdoor pool. Plan accordingly since the location is a bit of a drive to get groceries, coffee, or a meal. My only complaint is that the room had a strong musty smell.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family