This is not in Bar Harbor, the town on the coast closer to Acadia but it's close enough. The room was the smallest we'd stayed in on our 10-day New England trip. It was adequate in that the bed and pillows were comfortable, the room was warm and the shower was hot. It took a little bit of puzzling out where to put our gear but we managed fine. It's kind of weird to have the coat hanger over the bed. I hung things up but pushed them as close to the wall as possible so they weren't over my head.
Camille, the manager, was helpful and pleasant. She recommended a good restaurant nearby for dinner and one on the way to Acadia for breakfast.
I'd been warned about bedbugs in New England but I didn't find any at this motel or any other we stayed at. Belle Isle was clean and pleasant, although small.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belle Isle Motel is centrally located on Mt. Desert Island. We are minutes away from many activities and points of interest. If you like a clean simple room, relaxing surroundings away from the hustle and bustle and want to receive personal service, please join us! We want you to enjoy your visit to Mt. Desert Island and Bar Harbor so we do our best to make your stay with us a pleasant one! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Belle Isle Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belle Isle Hotel Bar Harbor
- Belle Isle Motel Bar Harbor, Maine