“Small But Clean and Adequate”
Review of Belle Isle Motel

Belle Isle Motel
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed 24 October 2017

This is not in Bar Harbor, the town on the coast closer to Acadia but it's close enough. The room was the smallest we'd stayed in on our 10-day New England trip. It was adequate in that the bed and pillows were comfortable, the room was warm and the shower was hot. It took a little bit of puzzling out where to put our gear but we managed fine. It's kind of weird to have the coat hanger over the bed. I hung things up but pushed them as close to the wall as possible so they weren't over my head.

Camille, the manager, was helpful and pleasant. She recommended a good restaurant nearby for dinner and one on the way to Acadia for breakfast.

I'd been warned about bedbugs in New England but I didn't find any at this motel or any other we stayed at. Belle Isle was clean and pleasant, although small.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Super clean and wonderful staff. I wish this had popped up when I was searching TripAdvisor for budget motels but I had to find it through Google. We wanted to spend our money on experiences and food because, really, a hotel room for us when on vacation is just a place to sleep. Our room was plenty big and, yes, you can hear traffic and your neighbors but we turned on the fan in the room AC unit and it provided nice white noise for all of that.

We had read about the fire pit and brought the makings for s'mores which we enjoyed sharing with the other guests, meeting new people and hearing of others' adventures. Really nice people stay here! All in all it was a great experience. We would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

We stayed at this adorable motel located on Hwy. #3 near Bar Harbor, ME. When I made the reservation I indicated it was our anniversary. And upon arrival, they wished us happy anniversary and placed a beautiful vase of flowers in our room. Although small, the room was really clean and very cute. Apparently, they also have bonfires each night, but it was quite windy when we were there so I assume they didn't have one that night. We would definitely return to the Belle Isle Motel, based on customer service, cleanliness, value, location and the fact that it's too darn cute!

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

To be fair these people tried, it had all the amenities you would expect, in some fashion or other. The room was tiny the bathroom tinier, the walls were so thin you could hear next door talking, there was no quality to anything. My test is always would I stay again and I am sorry to say I would not. Had it been cheap as chips that would have been fair dos, but it wasn't, it was not located near Bar Harbor at all as had been suggested.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Full disclosure, I was here for five days of hiking in the Park, which may give you an idea of my expectations. Others have commented on the spare, small nature of the rooms. Not sure I can break new ground, but here goes: The owners are friendly and eager to be helpful. The laundry facilities worked well (two washers, two dryers). Besides the pool, for children there's play equipment, plenty of area to roam, and an evening campfire. Besides the ubiquitous lobster eateries there are two restaurants less than five minutes' drive away; in the other direction, a small IGA only a little farther. The property offers bins for recyclable cans and bottles, which struck me as progressive. It seemed close to the Hulls Cove entrance to the Park, especially for the reasonable price. Someone else suggested asking for a room in the teens or 20s to avoid highway noise; I did so in advance, was given room 20. Bottom line, if I were to return on a similar outing I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo