“Would definitely stay there again”
Review of Edenbrook Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Edenbrook Motel
Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
North Dakota
“Would definitely stay there again”
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I spent alot of time on internet looking for an affordable place to stay in Bar Harbor during their high season of fall foliage. If you are on a budget or just don't want to pay alot of money for a room you are never in...this is a great choice. What worked well for my circumstances is I was able to get a 2 bedroom motel room for only $90. Was extremely satisfied (although I had an idea of exactly what I was reserving, so was not surprised). Very clean, which is really the only thing I care about.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank gooseberries47
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Boston, MA
Reviewed 24 September 2010

We booked this motel as it was the cheapest non-camping accommodation within walking distance of Bar Harbor. Indeed, it was the cheapest motel we could find on Mt. Desert Island.

The rooms were very clean, and although not 'luxury' contained everything we needed: Cable T.V., full bathroom, coffee making facilities and a fridge. Our room also had a pleasant balcony that didn't face onto the car park.

It is conveniently located 15 minutes walk from Bar Harbor and one the way to the main Acadia park entrance. All in all, perfect for our needs.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IanSudbery
Slatington, PA
Reviewed 2 September 2010

Stayed here 4th of July week. Very inexpensive rates. However, they are very clean I will give them that. It was a lot like staying in a place from the 50's. The room was adequate though. If you're looking for a place with a game room, exercise room, flat screen T.V's etc. Forget it. Also ice was impossible to find........had to buy it at the office (and they were closed when we needed it).If you stay here be very careful pulling into their parking lot, as it is very hard to find...they really need better signage for the entrance. Would I stay here again...yes.....if money is tight like it was this year. For Bar Harbor I would do it. It's worth it. The coffee maker in the room is a riot.....straight from the 50's -- go to a coffee shop.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dawn1226
San Jose, California
Reviewed 17 August 2010

This hotel is quite nice, great value for the money and terrific location.
Biut here is the reason why i am putting this not good review:
I reserved this hotel about a month ahead of time. The person i spoke to was quite informative but instead of having any kind of confirmation email like most hotels do in 21st century, they send me a card. Then i needed to change dates of my reservation and spoke to a lady. I thought everything was set but when i called hotel on day of my arrival, turns out the lady screwed up everything and whole reservation was cancelled. Needless to say i was pretty upset as all of a sudden instead of having a relaxing evening in Bar Harbor, i had to scramble to find a hotel for the night. I drove to the office of this hotel to make sure i at least have a room for the folloing night. I was greeted by a guy in front desk (forget his name, I think starts with T) who seemed very strange. Was speaking very slowly, almost felt like he was smoking pot right before me. I asked if i could get some compensation / discount for the screw up, and he basically started telling me that it was not him who screwed up, he cant do anything, he cant buy my loyalty etc etc. Wrong thing to say Mr - this is purely business, you can absolutely buy my loyalty:)

So in nutshell, if you have no other choice, you can stay in this place, just make sure you triple check they still got your reservation. And if you have a choice that has same good location as this hotel, then i would avoid this place to be safe. Everyone can screw up, it happens, but most folks try to make amends and treat their customers right after they do screw up (not the case here).

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Arkadiy
Woburn, MA
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We've been staying at Eden Brook for years and have been consistently happy. This year we discovered that they now have Wi-Fi. The facilities are a bit dated, but that's what keeps the rates so low. This is the third year that the rates have not increased. The owners are very nice and that makes it feel like going home.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family