“Convenient, clean, and comfortable!”
Review of Acadia Pines Motel

Acadia Pines Motel
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Marblehead, Massachusetts
“Convenient, clean, and comfortable!”
Reviewed 3 September 2011

We stayed for two nights and would definitely stay again. The staff was pleasant, the room was clean, the bed comfortable, shower water hot. The room was very affordable and it was an easy drive, just 4 miles to bar harbor. It was nice to have a small fridge in the room. For the price, this motel is a gem.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Florence, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We wanted to see Acadia so I booked a month in advance based on the decent reviews here but when the weekend arrived we were dealing with the news of an impending hurricane Irene. We made the call to try it Friday night and call it off early if the weather report looked bad. I assumed the motel would offer a rain check, at the very least. I'm pretty sure that when I asked about my options if the storm should arrive, I'm pretty sure I saw the girl go for the credit card machine faster than John Wayne goes for his gun. She apologized and said it was booked already, that there was nothing she could do, and that she'd have the manager call me. I'll let you know if the manager ever calls me...

The weather held out through Saturday and we decided to get on the road early Sunday morning. Meanwhile, the motel advertised 'special hurricane Irene rates'. I called the front desk to see if my room would be discounted at all given the new 'promotion'. The same nice girl apologized and said she'd have the manager call me. By midday Sunday, as we're pulling into our driveway, I decided to call and see if the manager was around. She was there! Great! So I told her about our game of unilateral phone tag, told her I thought a rain check would've been nice and asked if I qualified for the 'special hurricane Irene rates'? To which her reply was, "If you were on a cruise ship would you ask the captain for a refund?"...whoa

The room was only OK. The water pressure was nonexistent. There was only a bedsheet and 2 old pillows in our 'deluxe' king bed room, and there was a quite annoying light directly outside of the room that required no less than 3 towels crammed in the window sill to block out so that the room was dark at night. The motel was mediocre at best. We were there to see Acadia, so a basic room with a comfy mattress and nice sheets would've made us happy. But this place seemed to come up short.

Overall, it needs to either step it up a little and actually BE the $120/night kind of place it thinks it is...or start charging $50/night, which is the kind of place it actually IS.

For me, the woman in charge who identified herself as being the manager and went on to argue with me about the way business is done will prohibit my future patronage. I told her that my impression wasn't the same as what I gleaned from TripAdvisor. To which she responded, "So now you're blackmailing me with a bad review because you don't know how to run a business?"...double whoa.

I'll keep my Acadia trips enjoyable and stay elsewhere from now on, thanks...

• Stayed August 2011
15 Thank DoctorRoadTrip
Medford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We found this motel on TripAdvisor and stayed 5 nights. Our room had a king size bed and kitchenette - the room was large and clean. Laura, the motel manager, was pleasant and helpful. I loved this place. A great feature was the motel's proximity to the free bus line (about 500 feet - right in front of a campground). The bus comes every half hour, bicycle racks transport bikes easily. The bus makes a stop first at the Acadia Visitor's Center before going into town. The motel's location was more convenient than staying in the town center. We would come here again.

Room Tip: Right off Route 3 but quickly accomodated to noise of passing cars.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 7HappyTraveler
Holliston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed here for four nights and enjoyed it very much. We never took advantage of the pool, so I have no comment on that. The location was ideal for traveling with kids...mini golf across the street and a simple breakfast place right next door with great coffee. Our room was cleaned diligently and the furnishings looked cared for. The rates are high for a motel; however, they seemed in line with Bar Harbor charges. We were aware of our neighbors only when they pulled in because the headlights will shine in someone's room (park right in front of your unit). Yes, it is close to route 3, but any new noises are bound to be distracting the first night. After a day full of activity, we slept quite well every night. Love its proximity to the Hull's Cove entrance to Acadia and the easy access to the Island Explorer bus service (free!).

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
central Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2011

First of all, Laura, the desk manager was very personable and had excellent recommendations for eating and sightseeing. We found the motel fine for our needs for a two night stay. We were never bothered by the road noise at all in room 19 which is just off the main road-facing portion of the motel. Had we been there more than 2 nights, storage in out one queen bed room would not have been an issue--there is a dresser with adequate drawers and a wall mounted clothing rack. Small microwave and fridge were fine if anyone is really going to choose to "eat-in" in a place where you can get some of the best seafood around... : )

Again, thank you Laura for being so helpful and cheery!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends