My wife and I spent three nights at the Highbrook while visiting Bar Harbor. The rooms are a little dated (the bathroom with its green tile is clearly original from when the place was built in the 50s or 60s) but who cares? The location is great--walking distance to downtown Bar Harbor and the waterfront--the staff is friendly and the rates are great for the area.
Most importantly, this was probably the cleanest hotel room we have ever seen. Much cleaner than the twice-as-expensive Marriott we stayed in the next night near Boston Logan Airport!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Highbrook Motel rests on a 3 acre hillside, 1 mile from Downtown Bar Harbor. We are 1 mile from Acadia National Park. You can catch a free seasonal shuttle to town from the motel between 7am-10pm. All rooms are smoke-free and feature A/C, coffee makers, and Wi-Fi. All rooms have refrigerators and we offer complimentary coffee and tea all day. Our "Grab & Go" continental breakfast is also available each morning from 7am-10am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Highbrook Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highbrook Hotel Bar Harbor
- Highbrook Motel Bar Harbor, Maine