1,124 results
All reviews scones bubbles room norumbega room eden room quiet street private porch jordan pond side street eggs benedict baked goods third floor within walking distance shore walk the main house bed and breakfast breakfast was delicious perfect location
Reviewed 13 January 2018

The ownership of the Moseley Cottage has shown true kindness in understanding our situation last June when we had to cancel our trip due to our son in law needing emergency open heart surgery. We needed to be by our daughters side during a very stressful time and Moseley Cottage understood and returned our deposit for the 2 rooms we had booked. Thank you so much. It is truly appreciated. Hopefully one day we can visit what looks like a spectacular setting. Again thank you.

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank biggerboat47
moseleysays, Owner at Moseley Cottage Inn and Town Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Thank you for the nice review. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are pleased your son in law is doing better. We hope to see you if you ever get this way.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

During our recent trip around New England we stayed in three Inns/B&Bs and unfortunately this is the only one that we felt disappointed with. The problem is the property advertises itself primarily as an Inn with almost all the pictures on this site of the property being of the main building, rooms in the inn, breakfast room, common areas etc. What is not very clear is that some of the rooms are located next door in a traditional outdoor entry motel. Our room of course ended up being there so we didn't get to have breakfast in the house or the comforts and character of staying in the main building.

Further to that we felt the host when we arrived was particularly unfriendly. It took a minute or so to acknowledge our presence then it was simply "name", "hmm, your card on file isn't charging" (reply: "yes I have a new one now, here you go"), "hmm the old one didn't expire" - sorry why is this any of your concern?

The only thing going for the hotel is the location, which is great for Bar Harbor but if staying in the area again i'd pick a genuine B&B and not a motel masquerading as one.

Room Tip: Avoid the motel rooms - read the small print
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mattrileyx
moseleysays, Owner at Moseley Cottage Inn and Town Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Thank you for the review. We do not intend to advertise the Inn only. The title of our establishment clearly says Moseley Cottage Inn and Town Motel. Breakfast is offered to the Motel for an additional charge. We try very hard to make that clear on the booking sites. As far as the credit card problem, we get declined ones all the time. It is a common occurrance and we are sorry if you took offense to it.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

We stayed in the spacious Bee Hive room for two nights. Comfy beds, clean room, updated private bathroom, plenty of off-street parking, and the included breakfast was delicious. The decor was antique and eclectic - what you would expect at a B&B such as this. While I'm not into everything being perfect, I would have liked the room and the Inn not to look as if it was decorated by 5 different people with different ideas. Maybe it's me.

We had to lug our bags up/down three flights of stairs to get to/from our room, with no offer of help with the bags. Again, maybe this is standard for a B&B.

The woman at the front desk was not dour, but she certainly wasn't cordial. When I asked if there was a bathroom to use on the first floor, she directed me to look at a sign that said no public restrooms. I told her I saw this, but since I'm a guest, I thought they may allow me to use one on the first floor. (I was hoping I didn't have to trudge up three flights of stairs to use the one in my room.) No way, and she wasn't pleasant about it. I guess she was tired of people asking her this. I felt like I had been scolded for not reading the sign and then keeping quiet. All in all, not a bad experience but not one to be thrilled about. I think the hospitality was lacking, and when you stay in a B&B, shouldn't that be part of the experience?

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank AnnetteDB
moseleysays, Owner at Moseley Cottage Inn and Town Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Thank you for the review. We can't please everyone .We are sorry you did not have a bathroom on the ground floor. There is no room to put one in. We have looked into it many times. I think it is important to make sure you book a room on ground floors if stairs are an issue for people. We try very hard to be pleasant to our guests. We are sorry if you were not treated in a kindly matter.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

We were lucky enough to stay at the Moseley Inn this past week. Great location- you can walk to everything in the village. Lovely room, vintage furniture and comfy bed and nice linens. Breakfast was fantastic, Mary who does all the baking is an absolute delight in addition to being an awesome baker. Overall a really wonderful place to spend your stay in Bar Harbor. A lovely b&b in a lovely town. Highly recommend.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the lovely review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

We stayed here 2 nights in the Sargent Room which was large, beautifully decorated with a very comfortable bed, and a nice sitting area on a balcony. Pam the owner was very helpful in recommending restaurants and things to do. The B&B being right in town made it easy to walk to everything and no headache of parking!
Coffee was available all day and early morning with cookies. Breakfast was a choice but same choices every day. All the pastries and sweet breads were baked by their cook and were delicious.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
moseleysays, Owner at Moseley Cottage Inn and Town Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you for the lovely review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.