Review Highlights
You will not be disappointed

We scheduled this 3 hour tour with Woody in advance of coming to Bar Harbor. He is such a great... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Sandy G
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Ellen is AWESOME.

Needed to get a lift from Bangor to Bar Harbor. (Long story short: flight delays screwed up travel... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
MitukaAufaey
Williamsport, PA

All reviews private tour safe driver cruise ship great tour cadillac mountain great photos booked this tour thunder hole woody van acadia bangor
Reviewed 23 October 2016

First of all our group of 4 my wife and our daughter inlaw parents have become travel partners. When we cruise and travel I have always booked private tours where we can. We have found in many cases it is less expensive than booking the boat sponsored tours per person and stuck on a bus many times. But even when it is more expensive in most cases it is well worth it. We have had some really good guides both in Europe and North America and one in Rome we fell in love with. I'm really sorry I never did a review for him back then. Now all that being said Woody is the new standard we will measure future guides with. This gentleman can brighten anyone's day with his love and enthusiasm. Not getting into to much details but we were there 2nd week of October and caught the leaves at just about peak. One in our party is a photographer and Woody was the best at taking us to great spots for photos and was more than happy to pull over anytime she saw a shot she wanted. He is worth every penny plus. You cannot go wrong here.

barharborwoody, Owner at Bar Harbor Coastal Cab & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

I am humbly honored to be placed in such high esteem in your gracious opinion! I thank you for comparing me to past Guides who deserved such praise in the arena of Tour guides globally.

I appreciate this praise from KPcruieseclub and will consider the honor with deep regard. Cheers!

I regret taking so long to reply.

Wishing you and yours the best in 2018 & beyond!

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We had Woody as our tour guide. He took us on a 5 hour tour. He asked us what we wanted to see and took us there and many other places. He is so knowledgeable and funny making it a wonderful trip. You should consider this tour over any that a cruise ship offers you will see so much more and costs less especially if you have a group. He took us to the best restaurant Thurston's for lunch. I would definitely use him again if we are in the area.

Thank you for mentioning Thurston's for lunch. I'm sure you can let the folks out here in internet land know that after a few hours with me, you will need a break from my banter to enjoy the best & freshest Maine seafood you will ever have in your life!

Please come see me again when you come back!

Wishing you the best in 2018 & beyond! (It's fun to write this!)

Best,

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Woody provided a great tour of the Acadia National Park and its beautiful area. Even though two of our group of four had visited the park before, Woody's enthusiasm and knowledge of the area made it seem like we were seeing it for the first time! Woody was extremely accommodating providing water and snacks and always checking to make sure we were comfortable.

We strongly recommend Woody and BarHarbor Coastal Cab!

Water and snacks are a must for travelers. A hydrated, partially fed crew is a happy crew!

Many thanks for taking the time to submit a post out here on the internet even though it took me forever to respond to your kind gesture!

All my best to you in 2018!
And well beyond!

Cheers,

Reviewed 9 October 2016

Thank you Woody for providing us with a fantastic tour of Acadia National Park and 27 mile loop road. Our weather was sunny but cold and we appreciated the water and snacks. Woody is a great guy, very knowledgeable of the area and I would thoroughly recommend a half day tour. This trip was the highlight of our 10 night cruise. Dont hesitate in booking.

"...highlight of our 10 night cruise. Don't hesitate in booking." Just repeating your great post! Thank you so much for taking the time to do so!

Thanks for Touring Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park & Mt. Desert Island with me!!

All my best,
Woody

P.S. Sorry to take this long to reply!

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

We had booked a tour with Woody but it was pouring rain. We decided to go anyway
What a smart move. Woody made a dismal day interesting. He was our sunshine on a rainy day. We learned a lot and laughed a lot
Thank you, Woody. Can't wait to book you again.

2  Thank carolynstern

Even on a rainy day, the coast of Maine has great charm. I've had many past visitors comment on how much they like Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park & Mount Desert Island on a cloudy/rainy day. Especially great for unique pictures of the area!

I'm glad you folks decided to stay the course with me! Thank you for taking the time to write this review well over a year ago. Sorry to take so long to respond.

Sending you best wishes for 2018 and beyond!

Thanks again!