“Spacious comfortable room, wifi, great value”

Cromwell Harbor Motel
Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We needed a comfortable place to sleep while leaf-peeping and exploring Acadia National Park. Cromwell Harbor was that place for us. From the time we called to make our reservation we felt good about this place. The proprieter's home is on site (attached to the front desk area). He has great info on where to eat and what to see in the area. Wifi helped us adjust our plans once we got to Bar Harbor. This is within walking distance to great eating places and the town. Bathroom is nice sized but not a lot of counter space for toiletries. Wasn't a problem for us since we use fold out toiletry bags.

Reviewed 11 October 2011

During a recent visit to Acadia National Park, my wife slipped and fell during the rain from a 7 ft. cliff while climbing down the rocks from the Park Loop Road. After my wife spent about 7 hours in the Bar Harbor emergency room being treated for a fractured foot, sprained wrist, and lacerated scalp, I had to try to find a motel room at about 9:30 p.m. that was on the first floor or had an elevator because my wife could not walk on her foot. I found the Cromwell Motel, which is close to the street where the Hospital is located. The owner had a wheel chair that she allowed my wife to use during the two days while my wife stayed at the motel until we could book a flight back to Florida. My wife's jacket and sweater were covered with dried blood from the accident when I picked up my wife from the emergency room to take her back to the hotel room. The wife-owner/co-manager asked my wife and me if she could wash the clothing for us, which she returned the next day completely cleaned. The next day, the wife and husband co-owners/co-managers could not have been nicer and more accomodating. The room rate was also extremely fair for such a comfortable, clean room; and the refrigerator in the room was a great convenience. My wife and I will never forget the compassion extended to us by strangers who treated us as if we were part of their family.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

We have been staying here for years! 5th time in the last 10 years. Rooms are very comfortable, clean, and nicely furnished. The location is perfect, as it is far enough from the downtown traffic to be quiet, yet close enough that a short walk takes you to centre of activities. Our hosts have always been gracious and helpful doing their best to ensure a pleasant stay in a beautiful location. And did I say the price was right?

Reviewed 27 September 2011

We stayed three nights at Cromwell on our trip to Bar Harbor. We were on the second floor in the main building (to the left if you are facing the office where you check in). Everything was very clean and the place looked new. The room was huge with a king bed. The bathroom was very spacious and spotless. The WIFI was very good...a plus for us in that my husband to work some while we were there. The staff was not overly friendly, but we did not have a lot of interaction with them, so this may not be a fair observation. There was no continental breakfast, but there was a refrigerator and a microwave which we used to warm up pastries, etc. that we bought in Bar Harbor. Overall, our stay was great and we would return here. It is VERY conveniently located and the rates are very reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dt1064
Reviewed 17 August 2011

This hotel is walking distance from all attractions and is a fair price. The rooms are good.
This is a good hotel to choose when in Bar Harbor

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends