1,873 results
All reviewsfamily unitconnector trailacadia national parkcarriage roadsbagelscontinental breakfastfree shuttlestay there againheated poolnice poolclose to townthe breakfast areaisland explorerhard boiled eggstwo double bedsa great place to stayclean rooms
Reviewed 2 November 2017

The Bar Hotel was recommended to us by some friends who visit Bar Harbor yearly. The place is super clean with a very friendly gracious staff. It is quiet lodging, in a tranquil and peaceful area. We had one of the 200 numbered rooms towards the back of the property. The rooms are spacious, have a mini-fridge, a nice sized bathroom (that also includes a nightlight, air vent and a heat lamp) with plenty of towels. The beds are super comfy as well as the pillows. The wonderful, full, Continental Breakfast had lots of choices including juice, coffee and tea available all day long.
Special shout out to KIM (the kitchen staff) who did an awesome job of keeping food stocked and supplied.... always with a big smile and friendly attitude, and to NORM (the desk clerk) who was very gracious, helpful and super nice. If we ever get back to Bar Harbor, we'd gladly stay here again. Thank you!

2  Thank Bethany B
Reviewed 2 November 2017

This was a comfortable motel on the outskirts of town. The rooms were generous in size and provided all the facilities you would expect from a motel. In addition, breakfast was included and served in the spacious room adjacent to reception (it also had tourist information and games available). Even if you just had coffee, juice and a muffin, this was a welcome addition.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We stayed here at the end of the season, excellent location near the town, but away from the noise,the room was clean. The staff was very pleasant, I forgot my charger and they were able to find one for me, which I brought home with me ( I will be mailing it back tomorrow ) ample parking and breakfast included. I would stay here again

Reviewed 26 October 2017

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was large and very clean. The breakfast was plentiful. They have a guest laundry if you are needing one. The grounds were also neat and included a playground for the kids. The rooms are spread out in separate buildings so parking near your room is no problem.

Room Tip: You would probably need to drive in to Bar Harbor as the motel is not "in town"
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2017

The check in staff was very warm and welcoming. I liked that each motel building had 4 rooms and you can park right in front. We had a king sized bed and then to my surprise there was a room in the back with 2 other double beds, which I didn't realize when I booked! The bathroom was nice and the TOWELS WERE SOFT! That always makes me excited because you don't get that with most motels/hotels these days! The location was just a few minutes from town and about 10-15 minutes from the top of Cadillac mountain/Acadia park. You won't be disappointed with this find!

1  Thank Tara M