Long over due review. First stayed here last summer. We decided on spur of the moment to head to Bar Harbor. No reservations, but stopped in to check at the Atlantic Eyrie. They had just had a cancellation and we got a room for a couple nights.
They do have water view rooms, ours was parkinglot view. Not a problem as they were less expensive and we only planned on being in the room to sleep and shower. Actually our view was pretty cool. there was an antique auto show in Bar Harbor and seems many of the participants were staying here. Lots of nice cars to ogle over(I am a car buff). The rooms were very clean , free wi-fi, quiet and spacious.
Free breakfast was outstanding. Food was delish and the gal that worked there was super friendly. Every employee we encountered went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.
We always enjoy our time in Bar Habor and the surrounding area. We have stayed at the Atlantic Erie again since our initial visit and it was just as good the 2nd time. Also, gave my son a birthday weekend there this past summer. It's not a 5 star resort by any means; but, we would not hesitate staying again on our next visit to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Eyrie Lodge sits high atop a bluff overlooking the waters of Frenchman Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Atlantic Eyrie Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Eyrie Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Eyrie Motel
- Atlantic Eyrie Lodge Bar Harbor, Maine