“Wonderful stay at Karen's Cottage”
other travellers have booked this property
Deck  12 x 30
400 ft down the road from cottage Also down the road 400 ft.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
400 ft down the road from cottage
Also down the road 400 ft.
Front of cottage
Front of cottage
Taken at end of driveway 400 ft. away
400 ft from cottage
The shorpath
Second bedroom.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 10 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Safari115...
“Wonderful stay at Karen's Cottage”
Reviewed 8 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

We rented Karen's Seaside Cottage for a week end of July into August 2017. Our stay was very pleasant. No issues at all, no complaints - it was just great! Part of the week we had family, our older kids - and the last half of the week we enjoyed with some friends. The washer and dryer in the cottage were perfect to wash sheets in between our visitors. We were able to bring 2 dogs, which was great. Karen is so helpful and sweet. The cottage really does have everything you could need in the kitchen. And many other helpful items: bath towels, sheets, blankets, pillows, paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, laundry soap, hand soap, plastic wrap, foil, spices. We packed our clothes and went food shopping once we arrived. Hannaford is not too far and we were able to easily travel to different trail heads in Acadia to hike each day. Cottage has a great location on a quiet street. The deck has a new grill and plenty of furniture/chairs. The deck has pretty tall flowers to enclose you in a peaceful retreat. The ocean is very close and you can walk down the cliffside to rocks along the shore. It is a nice place for a stroll. Downtown Bar Harbor is close too. Perfect location and a great place to stay while enjoying Acadia and Bar Harbor. I highly recommend Karen's cottage.

Your age range 35-49
MariaZ670
Boston, Massachusetts
“A peaceful nightmare....”
Reviewed 1 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

Let me just begin by saying the property was lovely....but it went immediately downhill from there. My family and I arrived late Saturday night, after having traveled 8 hours to get there. As soon as one family member began taking a hot shower, a horrible rotten egg smell came from the water in the shower. We soon discovered that all the water in the house was emitting this disgusting odor. The well from which the water in the house came from was contaminated with and iron bacteria, and was emitting hydrogen sulfite. The water could not be consumed, and when heated, emitted this strong, foul odor. The homeowner was well aware of this situation before our arrival, for she had placed a case of bottled water bottles in the fridge prior to our arrival. When confronted about the water situation, the homeowner refused to remedy the situation and refused to refund our money. We left on a Monday morning, for we feared this contaminated water would be dangerous to our health. Our vacation was ruined by this owners refusal to acknowledge this water problem, allowing us to come there, and then blatantly refusing to offer any refund.
Shame on you, Karen , for the way you treated us. I hope others will read this and never rent your property....you did not respond appropriately to the needs of your renters. I hope this was a lesson learned for you...and guess what...you are not God!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
15 Aug 2017
I know family vacations are extremely special and expensive, and I am so sorry that your stay was such a dreadful experience for you. Unfortunately, things happen that are out of my control. I have a private well system, which is tested on a regular basis and is perfectly safe to drink. In all the years I have been renting this has never happened. We had a discussion about that water and you decided to stay. It was not until Monday morning during a power outage that you decided to leave. He power was back on 30 minutes later. I only charged you for the 2 nights you willingly stayed. I hope you were able to make the rest of your vacation a happy one and made great family memories. While I appreciate your right to your opinion and review I believe it to be unfair, and I am confident that my long term rental history speaks for itself.
Mercedes...
“A peaceful haven!”
Reviewed 25 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Just returned from renting this cottage. Location is wonderful. Just 10 minutes from Acadia National Park and downtown Bar Harbor. Cottage is fully equipment with necessities and niceties! Karen provides everything for the vacationer. This cottage is pet friendly and is extremely clean. The cottage is perfect for a romantic getaway or for the small family. The deck is surrounded by colorful plants which provides much privacy. Wonderful to have as you sit on the deck with your favorite beverage in the morning or evening while viewing the sunrise/ sunset. I would highly recommend this cottage to anyone who wishes to visit Bar Harbor. You won't be disappointed. Thank you Karen for a lovely stay!

27 Jul 2017
Thanks so much for the nice review. I am so happy that I could be a part of making your vacation such a success. I hope to see you again sometime. Karen
karlykat6
Ellington, Connecticut
“Most relaxing vacation”
Reviewed 7 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We have stayed in this cottage many times over the years and are always happy to return. Karen is the best, always having her guests best interests in mind. She goes above and beyond to make your stay special with every conceivable amenity available. The kitchen is well stocked, the bedrooms and living room are quite comfortable, the cottage is in a very peaceful setting with a gorgeous deck to relax on. It is located very close to all area attractions. It is always one of the best vacations ever!

Your age range 50-64
8 Jun 2017
I am so happy that you keep returning to my cottage. That tells me that I am doing something right. I try to make all my guest as comfortable as I can. It does help to be so close to everything. I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay and thank you for the review. They do help. Hope to see you ext year, Karen
StellaW88
Swanzey, New Hampshire
“Wonderful MDI cottage”
Reviewed 14 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

Karen's cottage is exactly as advertised. We brought our two dogs and it was a great property for them as well as a wonderful neighborhood to walk them in. The cottage is well furnished and lacks for nothing. As other reviewers have mentioned she has provided just about anything you could think of needing. Truly the only thing I would add or bring if we return would be Ziploc bags. The living room is well furnished and all of the furniture is comfortable. The queen size bed is great for sleeping and there are plenty of linens as well. The cottage stayed cool and there were fans if needed. We didn't get to use the deck very much, but it is functional with plenty of seating.
The property is right down the road from Acadia and Bar Harbor. We went back and forth several times each day and it was very convenient from the cottage. We did not find the traffic overly challenging and were typically able to get parking in town. Acadia is breathtaking and Bar Harbor enchanting.
The water pump noise was unfamiliar and it startled us at first until we figured out what it was. The shower water pulses which took some getting used to. This was not a problem, just different. There is a large screen TV with Direct TV which was very nice and wi fi that worked great.
Karen is very helpful and obviously takes pride in her property. Her dog is adorable and our dogs were happy to have him visit. We didn't have any problems during our stay. There was a flood light out and she bought a new one that my husband put in for her. The yard was mowed and free from dog waste and she provides tools for cleaning up messes if needed.
We had hoped we could get down to the ocean near the property when the tide was out, but it was not very easy due to the rockiness of the shoreline. This was a little disappointing, but we just went down the road a short ways when the tide would go out and enjoyed it from there. Karen recommended the Chart Room to eat at and it was excellent. We would definitely go back. One thing to think about possibly adding that we would enjoy would be a fire pit
This is a great cottage rental and we would definitely stay here again if we return to the area, which we hope to do. Thank you Karen

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Accessibility, comfort, fully furnished and location, locaiton, location.
Liked least: The iron in the water.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing