“Pay the extra money and stay elsewhere”
Review of ANCHORAGE MOTEL

ANCHORAGE MOTEL
Ranked #37 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Napa, California
“Pay the extra money and stay elsewhere”
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I really hate to give bad reviews but unfortunately this time I have too. First, the person that checked us in was great. He answered all of our questions on Acadia, places to eat, etc. But it stops there. The room was awful. The beds were hard with very old linens. The bathroom was tiny, looked dirty, and except for soap had offered nothing else. The towels were the thinnest and smallest I have ever seen in a hotel. In addition, after opening up my small "bath" towel discovered that it was completely stained with something red. It may have been washed but with these stains imbedded should have not been put out for a paying customer to use.

Don't expect anything like a coffee maker, shampoo, or even Kleenex. I still can't get over what they are charging for rooms and they can't update them a bit. The rooms were dingy, dark, and in desperate need of an update.

As frugal as I am, this is one hotel that I would definitely pay the extra money and go elsewhere. The only other positive thing I can say about it is that it's within walking distance of downtown.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank WorldWanderer99
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Stoneham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Stayed 1 nite knowing there would be no frills, but had the circuit breaker trip 3 times while drying my hair - front desk suggested I "stick my head out the window". Clearly outdated wiring - multiple rooms sharing circuits according to the desk. Couldn't reach a manager by phone, front desk person wouldn't even give his name. Not only are there no amenities, there may be a safety issue. Only good feature is being able to walk around town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't share it's circuit breaker.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linda P

Travellers are raving about these Bar Harbor hotels

Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I had made reservations for the Colombus Day Holiday weekend about 3 weeks prior, I always print out my confirmation just incase I need to show the hotel, this time it wasn't needed. I got a call about 2 hours prior to check-in, my husband and I had just arrived in Bar Harbour. The hotel said that they had double booked our room and we no longer had a reservation. We called them and they said they would find us else where to stay. We didn't recieve a call back, so we went down to the hotel, they were dumb as anyone I had ever met. The lady at the front desk, acted insanley dumb and said it must not have been put into the books. I had made these reservations 3 weeks ago and expected to have someplace to stay. It took the staff an hour to find us a hotel, and it was a lot more than I was willing to pay for one night and it was way out on the outskirts of Bar Harbour.
We didn't recieve any apology, just an "oops".

Lucky enough for us, the hotel we did end up staying at was a lot nicer than the Anchorage dump.

I was about to slap that lady in the face I was so mad.

Who calls you 2 hours before check in when your already in that area and says "OH, you cant stay here". We had traveled down down New Brunswick, Canada. Like HELLO??? Are you retarded?????

Never book online people, its basically a scam and then you get there and you have no place to stay.

IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS!!!! If you read this staff of the Anchorage Motel, I will tell EVERYONE I speak to who is travelling to BH, to stay clear from your scum bag motel.

F U!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Alisha M
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I gave this hotel 1 stars JUST because of the location and they take dogs. The carpet beyond gross. The rooms are very outdated and dirty. Even if you do not plan on spending much time in the room I would still recommend you go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.......
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Tim K
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We got the last 2 rooms in this motel for 1 night the first week of Sept 2011. Rooms were comfortable, no frills, few amenities. My husband asked for an iron and ironing board and was told by manager that they didn't have one. Bathroom was newly redone. Location was good..It was close to the downtown shopping areas and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family