All reviews soi restaurant aqua restaurant lobby lounge thai food alfredo beautiful hotel five star hotel room condition view of tumon bay beach bar other hotels breakfast buffet private beach server alana steakhouse guam
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

I sent a following complaint email directly to Dusit Thani Guam on July 5 when the flooding issue happened on the same date, but no one replied to me since then which is almost 2 months as of now. So I want to post my complaint here and to warn you to thick twice before you wasted your money on this so-called "luxurious" hotel but it offers you very bad hotel service, not up to standard at all and so over-priced in my words!

1. Flooding issue
I had been out of my room all day since 11am and just returned to my room at 9:30pm. Once I opened the door, I realised that the water tap of the right sink is and has been running for hours. All the four big towels under the sink are completely soaked and so does the hair dryer. The pipe is also dripping and leaking everywhere so half of the bathroom is flooded. At the end, we gotta call the house keeping to send someone just to dry everything and replace the towels.
I'm not sure whether it's the house keeping or the contractor who forgot to turn off the tap which caused the flooding problem. See below notice (attached picture)

2. Cleaning issue
We made tea and went to the beach this morning, and left some obvious stains on the floor. When we came back tonight, all the stains which can be easily removed are still there so obviously no one cleaned up the floor.

3. Careless house keeping service
We made the tea with the teapot and the tea cups. The teapot remains unwashed and the used tea bags still there. And no toiletries were replenished that we gotta call the house keeping to deliver tonight.

I have stayed at different luxury hotels around the world for both work and leisure purpose, and I can tell you that this is the WORST and unprofessional house keeping service I experienced. And this is not the kind of service I would expect by paying over USD320/night.

Someone at your hotel should look into these issues. I don't think I would return to your hotel again nor recommend it to my friends or clients.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank skemaskema
DTGU8888, General Manager at Dusit Thani Guam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Dear antibes s,

Thank you for sending in your review of our hotel, and for bringing to our attention the inconveniences you experienced. Your feedback is valuable to us and we appreciate you being candid about your stay. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission, and I assure you we are taking the necessary steps to improve our product and level of service one would require from a five-star property.

Although an apology will not regrettably alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend it with all sincerity and would hope that you can provide us another opportunity to welcome you back again to the property and exceed your expectations another time here at Dusit Thani Guam Resort.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

nice view, food and room condition.
I had fantastic holidays with dusit.
so missed the room and restaurant all the memories.
i wish i could have a chance to visit again.
i strongly recommend dusit!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Dusit Worldwide Co. Ltd
DTGU8888, General Manager at Dusit Thani Guam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Dear ky0jina,

Thank you for sending in your review and for choosing the Dusit brand to accommodate you on your most recent vacation.

We look forward to providing another fantastic experience for you on your next visit to the island and especially here at Dusit Thani Guam Resort.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2016

In my opinion this is the only place to stay when visiting Guam. The hotel and grounds are beautiful, as are the staff who were so pleasant and accommodating. There is a private beach with plenty of lounge chairs and lots of water toys. The restaurants are excellent and there is a walkway to the Plaza Mall for shopping and additional eateries. The hotel also is conveniently located near the high end duty free shopping. I highly recommend the Dusit Thani.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Dusit Worldwide Co. Ltd
DTGU8888, General Manager at Dusit Thani Guam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Hi JAX330,

We are very much appreciative of the fantastic feedback you sent in regarding our hotel. I am glad you were able to frequent the outlets and enjoy the surrounding areas as well.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again on your next visit to Dusit Thani Guam Resort!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

The Dusit Thani Guam Resort is the epitome of class. This fact is evident when you walk in. The grounds are very well kept, the employees are friendliest on the island and well dressed, and the rooms are impeccable.

All of these are great if you are just looking for an above average resort to stay at while visiting Guam, but what makes the Dusit Thani THE best resort on the island is its staff. Our military unit was kicked off base when our replacements arrived, and the Dusit Thani welcomed us with open arms for an entire month before we headed home. We thought we hit the jack pot just by scoring the newest accommodations on the island, but we got so much more.

The staff was able to compromise with our need for a governments rate for a long term stay. They comped our breakfast every morning, ensuring we were well fed at the buffet before going to work. And the food is just incredible at all of its restaurants! On days that required us to show at unreasonable times (2-4 a.m - well before breakfast hours for their restaurant Aqua.), they graciously set up boxed breakfasts and coffee for us to take. Most of us were doubled up in rooms. The rooms only have a mini fridge, which proved challenging to keep left overs or store any food. We were given microwaves to use, which greatly improved the convenience of having left over food from continually eating out over the month. They allowed us to use all of the facilities on the grounds, some at discounted prices. The spa was simply incredible, and worth every single penny!

Side note - we could have eaten anywhere in Tumon, but chose most nights to eat at one of the 3 restaurants or the Grill at the Dusit. All of the restaurants are top notch! There is a great variety, and the food is delicious. Additionally, the bartenders took great care of us!

We felt truly valued as guests, and I will never hesitate to recommend the Dusit Thani to any of my friends, colleagues, or family.

The Dusit Thani is such a class act. We can't thank the staff enough for accommodating us, and going the extra mile each time ensure our stay was just as enjoyable as it is for those who vacation there. Not only is it an impressive place to stay, but you can bet that customer service is the number one priority.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Tone B
DTGU8888, General Manager at Dusit Thani Guam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Dear Tone B,

I appreciate you taking the time to send in your feedback of your recent stay here on the property. Here at Dusit we strive to exceed our customers' expectations, and it is our promise to deliver an experience that enlivens the individual spirit no matter the journey. It is truly humbling to read all of your great comments in regards to the consistency of the quality of food and services provided you during your month long stay, and I am proud of our staff who truly enjoy going the extra mile to make the stay of our guests more comfortable, enjoyable and ultimately memorable.

We are honored to have service members as our guests and look forward to welcoming you all back again soon to Dusit Thani Guam Resort!

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

This resort is beautiful! The rooms are amazing, the bed was so comfortable! In Guam, mattresses are generally very small and very hard. The staff were so gracious and attentive. Ate at two restaurants which were pricy but well worth the money. Very clean and well maintained.
Only negative for us, we were looking for a quiet weekend as a couple, was the volume of children. Good luck finding a chair or cabana at the pool, the families grab them up very quickly first thing in the am.... And use them hit and miss throughout the day.
The beach is stunning. Very clean and Sandy. They rent chairs, hotel guests get a 10% discount. I would suggest making the beach your swim destination instead of the pool, unless you have children. The pool has a lazy river that the children seemed to love.
The rooms with the ocean views are extremely expensive (in the $1ks and up). We had a mountain view and paid a fraction of that price. No regrets, would book again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Greetings Katharine K,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Dusit Thani Guam Resort. We are appreciative of your positive remarks about the rooms, restaurants, surrounding beach area as well as our gracious and attentive staff. It is our constant mission to exceed the expectations of our guests and I am glad we were able to fulfill that promise.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.