See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

After 6 days in Santa Fe hotel, Verona was such a relief for us. We expected something much worse, old and musty reading all the negative reviews. The hotel, in fact, is not that bad, we haven’t experienced any funny smells or dirty stains in our room or anywhere around the hotel. You can tell that the hotel is old, but the management tries hard to keep it up. The personnel is friendly and helpful. Our ocean view room in the 8th floor had a great view and the room is renovated and fresh, with a nice little balcony. The only thing that must be fixed is the false alarm. Most guests seemed angry with the noise, as it happens very often (we’ve witnessed it 2 times in 5 days of our stay). As I’d never experienced false alarms before, it was kinda fun, packing up our belongings really fast, escaping down the stairs, it felt like a little adventure after a few beers :) My husband thought it was North Korea threat, but luckily it wasn’t. But the second time was quite annoying. For everybody’s sake, please, fix it.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine S
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

The wifi went out the day I checked in and remained that way the rest of my stay. The air conditioning went out on day 2. I requested for an iron, ironing board and an extra pillow. I asked a second time and I STILL DID NOT RECEIVE any of the items.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Vince M
KFukunaga, agent at Verona Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Thank you for your comment. We apologize the uncomfort and your inconvenience. These issues will be brought up for review and corrected. We hope to provide you much improved service, and much more maintained facilities in near future.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

The issues I had with my stay at this hotel:

1.] Free wifi, but expect slow internet speed. My floor shared one network. I couldn't even load my Facebook Feed. I had to use my phone data the entire time to get results. The best place for fast internet speed is the lobby.

2.] Ice machines on every floor is down (according to staff), so expect to walk/drive to the nearest store everytime you need ice. Luckily, the nearest store is behind the hotel.

3.] There were a few stains on my sheets. Although, they smelled washed at the least.

4.] Balcony wasn't entirely clean. There were cigarette butts killed on the ground on my balcony.

5.] The chair cushion was wet; like it had been placed outside the balcony during the rain. I left it out in the morning to dry up.

6.] The lights; everytime I tried to turn it on, it flickered like a horror movie. And this is all the lights in my room. It would take about 8-10 seconds for the lights to stop flickering and stay lit.

7.] Bathroom floor was sticky, as if the tile cleaner they used wasn't washed/cleaned well. It seemed more like rushed work, in my opinion.

Overall, the staff service makes it up for this hotel. The view this hotel offers was better than average. I suggest getting a room facing the ocean, otherwise you'll be slammed by the sun in the morning. Breakfast was fairly good, not much variety, but you get what you pay for. A few gym equipment broken. I didn't spot any moldy areas like most reviews, so it seems they are making improvements.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
KFukunaga, agent at Verona Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you for your comment. We sincerely apologize the uncomfort and inconvenience during your stay, these issues will be brought up to correct the cleaning status and the maintenance within the guest rooms. However we are working toward improvements to our premises and facilities as well as reviewing and correct/ improve our service. We hope to correct these issues and be able to provide higher standards of service in near future.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

I booked this room on Expedia, the photos are deceiving. As you walk up the hotel looks run down waterfall doesn’t work. The signage on the side of the building is gone. The local bus drive asked where I was satyaing and I stated “The Verona Spa nad Resort” he stated “ That is the worst hotel on the island”. There is nothing about this hotel that is a resort. Everything seemed to have shut down on the inside there is no restaurant although it looks as if there was one setup at one point. A roach was in the bath tub, soap scum and hair was in the shower when I checked it and they still did not clean it after two days. They do not clean that well. The door secondary security lock doesn’t work. You have slam the door to shut it. The bed smelled like some one was just there. It smelled like perfume and the sheet had stains on it. The rug throughout the hotel has a stinch.This hotel was nice at some point in its resurrection.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank DAVID H
KFukunaga, agent at Verona Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Thank you for your comment, we sincerely apologize your bad experience during your stay. These issues will be brought up and reviewed to correct the room maintenance, and especially with cleaning process and inspections of bedding and other supplies. However we are working towards improvements to premises and facilities, as well as our service. We hope to correct issues and to provide more up graded service and as well as facilities in near future.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

My wife made reservations at this hotel almost 3 months before going to Guam. As I wanted a hotel with a Gym, we sent numerous e-mails asking about their gym, and not one return message. As time approached and we were already locked into the price, we could not back out. When we got to Guam and seen what was advertised, I was furious. Even the staff smirked when asked about the gym, and told me to take a look for myself. I asked them why were my messages and phone calls ignored? Evidently it was they will not answer your messages that way they are guaranteed a rented room. I stayed the 1 night, other wise I would have been penalized, and moved out to another hotel right away. The other hotel was better, but cheaper and at least honest.

Room Tip: Don`t wait for a reply,don`t let them tell you, they will have someone call you back. Make them answer your question right then and there.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Fortherepsectoffood

Thank you for your comment. We sincerely apologize your bad experience. However we are reviewing our service to provide more timely and accurate information for more convenience during the stay. We apologize again for your bad experience, these issues will be brought up and corrected.