All reviews abc store spacious room visit guam shuttle convenience
Reviewed 10 July 2018

I love this hotel. My first experience and I was very impressed. Comfy room and friendly staff. Restaurants are on the first and second floor which was a plus for me because I don't have to leave the building. Parking lot on each level so I don't have to walk to far. I would stay in the area if I visit Guam again.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I must say, every staff in the hotel was just giving their best in satisfying their customers. I commend Tiana from the front desk for being very friendly and never failing to go an extra mile. The rooms were clean and comfortable. If you were to choose a hotel that has value for money and close to everything, then Royal Orchid Hotel is the place to be!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2018

The Hotel was very good to allow a group of 10 (5 couples) rent rooms for a day with a 2 am arrival and an 1000 pm departure. The rooms were clean, quiet, well kept and comfortable. They provided a complimentary pick up upon arrival and return to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2018

Cons:
1) a big dead cockroach was found under the window curtains. Seems it was killed not long time ago as its legs were still cycling when I saw it at first sight. What a bad impression after check-in!

2) the windows are not cleaned for ages as I saw green mold on the outer face of the windows

3) mold was found too on the shower room walls

4) electric socket is loose

5) water stain appeared on the floor when I first entered into the room

6) the lady housekeeper was not professional. She knocked my door and cried "housekeeping!" at around 8am when the "Do not disturb" sign was hanging on the knob. I heard bang sound when she went in and out of the room next door in the morning

7) I arrived at the hotel around 6:30am and was not allowed to check in until 3pm. At the end, I paid for an extra night at USD122 and checked in immediately (This is not unacceptable to me though, as I would not take it for granted for early check-in, particularly so early in the morning. But I do learn from this website that there are other hotels that allow early check in e.g. Bayview at the city centre a bit uphill near Outback restaurant)

Pros:
1) it's in strategic location although it's not at the centre of the city centre (I treat the duty free gallery shopping mall with shuttles ticket counter as the centre of the centre). Opposite to this hotel is the Pacific Islands Club hotel which is very popular for the water park. Many Korean tourists stay in this PIC and many passengers get off here so you won't miss the bus stop

2) quite a lot of good value restaurants. Tony Roma, Jamaica Grill, two Korean restaurants, one Japanese, one Italian, either on the lower floors of the same hotel building or right next to the hotel. One ABC shop is also next to it where you can buy souvenirs, snacks drinks

3) this hotel can arrange its van to the airport at USD15. It's shared but there was only me who took it to the airport. It took me USD25 from the airport for the ordinary metered taxi, taxi in Guam is so expensive and unreasonable!! It only took 7 mins from or to the airport!

4) staff are helpful and nice generally, although I could not understand fully the English of the Japanese front desk in the first place. I found no problem with the spoken English of all other local front desk staff

5) It's 10 min walk upslope to the K-mart. This is the main reason I picked this hotel

6) price very good, compared with others in the city centre

7) air con is excellent and functional, so COOL! cool enough to resist the heat and humidity outside

8) well equipped with kettle, hair dryer, toiletries, disposable slippers

Overall, although I said the room is so dirty, I think you will be fine if you do not walk on bare foot or touch the windows/curtains etc. The bedding is ok. Given the good location and price, it's still a choice if you do not want to spend much here in Guam like me.

Room Tip: high floor, ocean view
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2018

This was my second visit to Royal Orchid Guam. I had stayed with them when they had just opened...back when when I was still in college! Back then, this was such a wonderful hotel...beautifully appointed with fine finishing touches. I even remember it smelling very nice...which is why I had high expectations. My recent (re)visit, unfortunately, was a huge disappointment. Apparently, they have not been maintaining the property with adequate care. First, the place looked, felt and smelled dingy and dusty...throughout. I don't think they have replaced the beds since its opening. The A/C didn't work well. The paint was chipping...bubbling up...what have you. The carpeting was lumpy and gross. The bathroom fixtures were dirty, covered with a film of dust/limescale. Seriously, I wanted to go and get myself some Windex and Lime-A-Way and start scrubbing!!! I couldn't wait to check out. The only redeeming quality: THE PRICE!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business