“There was too much food... but we ate it all!”
Review of Sails BBQ

Sails BBQ
Ranked #24 of 146 Restaurants in Tamuning
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2017

The title says it all. We ordered the Sails Prime BBQ and our eyes were popping when the platter of seafood and meat was delivered! Still, it was so good that we managed to eat it all and even manage a trip or two to the salad bar.
The staff were friendly, and one in particular took the time to show us how to grill the oyster properly, then gave us a complementary cocktail at the end of the evening.
This is not a sophisticated BBQ by any means, but if you like sitting at a smoky grill cooking your own food at your own pace over a few beers on a summer evening then I definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

I think you wanna to have a BBQ during sunset with your love.
This restaurant is a good choice.

The env is a bit smooky and noisy, but these should be expected and acceptable.

The food quality is OK. But if you compare with the price.
I think it is over-priced a lot.

Even though the beer, drinks and salad buffet are included, the main course (set) portion is too small. I think even more less respect to foreigners.

The service is OK, not bad. Even we ask to add more carbon to make the fire stronger for few times, those waitress / waiter still eager to help you.

If you pay this price, you can have a very very good fine dining dinner in top-tier hotels.
Anyway, it is a good experience to have BBQ during sunset view with your love.

For tourist, go 1 time is OK.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

This place is just like any other BBQ dinner set up. The issue for this restaurant was it was very humid and hot. I have been to Onward and PIC's BBQ and the atmosphere is very different. The seating is crunch together, so you feel like you eating in a school cafeteria. However, it is very close to the beach. After eating, it is very convenient to take a walk on the sandy beach of Guam.

Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

The location is fantastic. Right on the beach directly next to Outrigger Guam Beach Resort and confusingly co-located with Nana's Cafe. Book ahead and you can ask to reserve a seat overlooking the beach unobstructed.

I love the concept, but for Guam's consistent state of hot, it isn't a completely comfortable dinner to sit and enjoy. The open grill at each table is a great experience while you're in Guam and taste isn't bad but it is quite pricey for what it is. The "salad bar" is very, very simple also - lettuce, sweet corn, cucumber, onion, pineapple, miso soup and rice, albeit all you can eat included with the price as with basic drinks.

The staff were very friendly and did their best given the busy environment of the restaurant. The place was packed for their first sitting at 6pm on a Wednesday evening and so not only was your grill at your table emitting heat, so was every other table around you - heat and smoke.

They don't offer up any condiments unfortunately besides salt and pepper and what looked like soy sauce. Because it was so busy we had to wait a while for the ketchup, H1 and a local dipping sauce we did order which didn't turn up until we were halfway through out meal. The staff were very genuinely apologetic. I cannot fault the staff at any of the establishments I have been to eat at in Guam. They have all been so friendly, lovely and genuine.

I'm not sure I would return to have another dinner here, although the crab looks tempting for another shot. But in terms of the BBQ, it's just far too hot in March. I would hate to even contemplate eating at sails in the middle of summer. Come for the view and the lovely staff. Not so much the food...

Reviewed 27 December 2015 via mobile

You can see a beautiful ocean view while having a dinner but, a bit over priced.
Visiting this restaurant only once is ok for travelers!