“Dinnah at SushiROck”

Sushi Rock
Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Dededo
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Food was good and service was great, was assisted by the manager who continuously checked on us. Our food was not cooked well enough so the manager prioritized our order to our satisfaction

1  Thank Taedus

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Our friend treated us to lunch at this place at the Micronesia Mall. This was my first visit and so I had the mackerel grill. Since I live in Hong Kong, I have tried plenty of Japanese restaurants and this place is just average. Service was not bad but nothing extraordinary. The food was tasty but really just average. My kids had something in the menu that they liked so that was good but overall, this place is just average. It is quite convenient to dine here after shopping at Ross.

1  Thank Allan N
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Sunday afternoon around 4pm. Only a few tables occupied. Staff friendly and polite. Took forever to get our veggie udon and COLD Soba. Had the 'Trio' which included shrimp tempura... shrimp tempura was more like shrimp corn dog... who the heck can't make a decent tempura batter??? But yeah, waited over 25 minutes for veggie udon and slightly faster for COLD soba. DO NOT EAT THERE. Waste of your time and money. Seriously bad.

2  Thank Semdiu D
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Had lunch with my fiancé and three daughters at the agana shopping center location. We were probably the 3rd guests in the restaurant (they looked far from busy). My fiancé and I both ordered a set (bento), same exact order. She had water and I had iced tea. We wait about 15 minutes and she gets her order. I let her eat of course because I would think my order (exactly the same) would come out right after. Another 25 minutes go by still no food. I flag a server to my table and ask the status of my food. She came back 10 mins later saying it's on its way, they just forgot to punch it in. Ok so I start to get alittle irritated. My kids are still hungry and my fiancé is pretty much done with her food (she fed most of them to our little girls). Again mind you were still 3rd guests in the establishment, the place was no where near busy. I lost my appetite and I tell the server to just cancel my order and give the check. She doesn't even apologize to us once. I ask for my check and she just drops it on the table and leaves. Mind you they never tried to fix the issue, and they still charge me my iced tea that I never drank! (It was still full). I worked in the food and beverage industry for over 10 years (Hilton) and the quality of service was EXTREMELY poor. My fiancé went up to pay and I stepped outside because the way everything went, it really upset me.
I'm not one to cause a scene but it really bothered me once we left (my kids telling me they were hungry). I liked sushi rock at the Micronesia mall but the agana branch really turned it upside down for me. I don't remember the name of the server because I was too shocked and angry at the time. My kids and needed up getting Wendy's because they were still hungry, that was the part that bothered my fiancé and I.

Sorry to say but sushi rock has lost another customer.

-Matt

2  Thank Matt R
Reviewed 16 May 2017

This is a sushi place you go to if you've never tried sushi. Sushi Rock has a tremendous selection of hand rolls, negiri, specialty rolls, sashimi, you name it. You can try two of everything for a very good price and you'll quickly see what you like. Wait staff are helpful and eager is assist you if you're unsure what something is.

Prices are very good here, you can get several basic rolls, or just a couple of specialty rolls and are usually much larger. Some of their entrees can cost up to $18 for a single roll, but they usually have some higher priced ingredients like lobster or salmon.

Next time you're in the mall, give this place a try, I would definitely go back.

2  Thank Cervantez