“EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE”
Review of Baci Bistro

Baci Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Baci Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 154 Restaurants in Kailua
Price range: US$ 29 - US$ 31
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kuulei Rd.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were looking for Italian and were lucky to find this wonderful restaurant on trip advisor and made a reservation. We were able to sit on their delightful patio on the first evening. We had a great waiter named David who was so helpful. We found their prices for both wine and food quite reasonable . We started with the caprese salad which was melt in your mouth. My husband had the gnocchi with sausage and I had the ravioli of the day which was spinach with four cheese. They were both excellent.

We enjoyed the experience so much we decided to return for a second night. We did not have a reservation, however the owner/hostess remembered us from the night before and sat us at a delightful table inside due to the tropical storm. We had another great waitress named Shannon who suggested we try the grilled calamari as an appetizer. It was very tasty and unusual. My husband had the chicken marsala and I had the rigatoni with sausage. Both entrees were delicious. We also treated ourselves to the gelato of the day which was also great.
All the staff are very welcoming, attentive and friendly. We would highly recommend and wish we had another night to return. There is not a lot of seating so I would suggest a reservation.
We had a wonderful experience both nights.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

One of the best meals I've ever eaten! We started with the beetroot salad and carpacicio. I had the veal/mozerella/prosciutto (saltinbocca Di vetello) and my partner had the spaghetti alla puttanesca. So so yummy and great service. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

The squid ink linguine with scallops in saffron cream sauce is outstanding...one of the best shellfish meals I've eaten. The service is impeccable and the managerial staff obviously truly concerned about the product they present and the diners' experience. Five stars!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

My husband and I had dinner here on a Thursday night while we were staying in Kailua and we both felt it was the best meal in town. My husband ordered veal and nearly licked the plate clean, I ordered a local fish that was so tender and butter-y, it was one of the best fish dishes I ever had. Coconut gelato topped everything off and that was delicious too. Service was spot on. If ever I come back to Kailua I'll definitely pay a return visit.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Once again Baci Bistro delivered. We eat out quite often but always make it back here. They make the best Italian food on all of Oahu and I would wager in all of Hawaii. We have been to them all but this place is as close to Italy you can get. We have eaten at some of the best restaurants in Italy and you have to check this place out. Tonight we had a beet salad split between my wife and I. Was nicely done, great flavors. She had seafood risotto and myself sea bass. The seafood dish was rich with flavors and the seafood selection fresh and cooked nicely. I love sea bass but my experience at other places almost convinced me to pass on it. I am glad I tried it. It was, I repeat, it was the best I have had. Moist, great texture, generous portion with roasted carrots and asparagus on the side with a nice portion of orzo pasta with truffle oil and a light dash of cheese. I have had the inked linguini and parpadeli de compo before and they have been perfect. I hope they continue with sea bass for the special. It’s a quaint place with both inside and outside seating. Definitely need reservations. The manager, Mat, came to our table to ensure we were satisfied. It was very enjoyable talking with him. He knows his food, talks with the guests, and you see him even helping with the food preparation. The chefs in the kitchen I understand have been there for many years and they sure know how to make the great selection of dishes. Have to mention the caprese salad is wonderful and the calamari appetizer is the best you will get, anywhere. Thanks Baci Bistro for another wonderful dinner. And thank you Brian for providing wonderful service and conversation.

Been to Baci Bistro? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK