“Convenient location. Friendly owners have...”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Spacious lanai with sweeping treetop views.
laundry
Dining area
Full kitchen
sunrise from the lanai
Hand painted hot outdoor shower
Flagstone patio dining area
Two person spa
Just some of the beach gear
The Kayaks
hall
lanai at sunrise
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
kamarcan4...
Pacifica, California
“Convenient location. Friendly owners have thought of everything!”
Reviewed 24 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Loved staying at Patty & Bob's Kauhale apartment. There are lovely views of the mountains and wonderful breezes throughout the apartment which is very large and comfortable. Every room has a ceiling fan. The kitchen is the best stocked kitchen of any place we've stayed in (they even have pizza stones). There's beach towels, snorkeling gear, paddle boards, you name it. Plus if you have a sunburn there is a basket full of aloe gels to use. The owners, Patty & Bob, were very welcoming and gave us lots of suggestions of places to see and where to shop and eat. Near the Kailua Beach which is gorgeous. Also near Whole Foods. It was a pleasure meeting the owners.

DrmnOfMau...
San Diego
“Peaceful Paradise”
Reviewed 9 May 2018 for a stay in April 2018

We booked Patty's little spot of paradise for a working vacation - my husband is an airline pilot and had a 9 day trip to O'ahu and I decided to tag along. He flew every night from 1-4 AM, hence our top priority when booking this trip was a quiet location. And Patty's quiet and peaceful neighborhood provided not only the ideal location, but a place that met our every need.
I'm fairly picky when it comes to rentals, but I'd return to this apartment simply for the fully outfitted kitchen! She had everything - gadgets, pans, appliances, small appliances and knives that were actually sharp! A first for me when traveling. The only thing missing was a dishwasher, but that was easy to overcome ;)
I spent hours on the private balcony swaying in the hammock swings and didn't miss a sunrise with the perfect view.
The bed was comfortable, and the futon proved to be a perfect spot for me to nap before my husband got up at midnight.
But the best part of the whole rental was Patty herself. She and her husband Bob went out of their way to make sure we had everything and anything we needed to make our visit complete.
The town of Kailua is also a draw and we enjoyed an afternoon at the new Lanikai Brewery as well as lunch and breakfast at Beetbox. Nalu Cafe also has fabulous Acai Bowls, and to fill in we finished shopping at the Whole Foods just minutes from the apartment.
A Peaceful Paradise that I'm hoping we can return to soon!

Deserae H
New Zealand
“Finding my happy place.....”
Reviewed 11 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

After a hectic four weeks on the mainland I headed over to the green side of the island for some peace and tranquillity. I opted not to hire a car because I am used to driving on the other side of the road and though the public transport is excellent and the beach is a fairly easy bike ride away I would suggest that you hire a car for at least a couple of days of your stay to see more of the area.
The flat is upstairs so be aware that you need to be able to climb a few steps each day but it is well worth it to have a large balcony with doors opening onto a cool breeze blowing off the ocean. Lots of timber, comfy sofas, fully equipped kitchen, laundry and a very comfortable bed. Throw in vases of fresh flowers, lots of beach towels, beach toys, books, CDs and DVDs and a private spa pool and there is everything you need.
Kailua town has supermarkets, bars and eateries and some good shopping if you are so inclined. Kailua beach stretches on forever, may be a little windy but a lot less crowded than Waikiki and great for water sports such as parasailing, kayaking and snorkelling and just floating on the water looking up at the sky.
This is a great option if you want something self contained and a little more home than hotel.

rodimonta...
Bozeman, Montana
“A beautiful, relaxing, clean, spacious home-away-from home!”
Reviewed 13 June 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Our family of four (kids aged 14 and 11) had an incredible week at the Kauhale Apartment. Each morning we enjoyed a leisurely homemade breakfast from the very well-apportioned kitchen (Whole Foods is right down the street!), sipping Kona coffee on the fabulous lanai. After breakfast we headed straight to the breathtaking Kailua Beach which was a five-to-ten-minute drive from the apartment. We were well-situated on the island for afternoon outings to the North Shore, Waikiki, and Pearl Harbor. Tammy and Bob were wonderful hosts, greeting us with the lovely aloha spirit and providing everything we needed, all the while giving us as much space and privacy as we needed. The list of amenities is staggering; it comes with everything you could possibly need for an amazing stay on this beautiful island (beach towels, boogie boards, bags, and chairs; extra bath towels, soap, shampoo, and conditioner; well-stocked basics in the full kitchen). This is going down in the books for our family as “the best vacation ever.”

zuatavero...
Seattle, Washington
“Super nice”
Reviewed 25 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

It was a great stay in Kailua. We were there for a week with 2 of my friends. The place is clean and set up with everything you need. The owners are really friendly and nice. Love the patio and also the location is great. Really quiet and pretty close to nice places. I would definitely want to go back and relax some other time.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing