“Very fine meal at The Grove”
Review of The Grove - CLOSED

The Grove
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kuulei Street
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Had dinner here tonight. Started with the Nutty Mushroom salad, which is greens with sauteed mushrooms, gorgonzola, and a fantastic balsamic dressing plus macadamiia nuts. Very interesting and delicious. For my entree I had the 5 spice short ribs and my wife had the kiawe smoked chicken. Both were served with roasted vegetables. Both dishes were excellent and served VERY hot, which we like. The short ribs were super tender and pretty lean. I tasted the smoked chicken and it was very good. They finished it in the oven so the skin would be very crispy. This was a delicious meal very well prepared. Highly recommended! PS - they have good gluten free options on their menu!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Had a great time with friends here on a Sunday afternoon with friends. Drinks, pupus, and a cute waiter...who could ask for more?

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Thanks so much to the Grove for holding my step daughter's wedding on the 30th of May. It all went perfectly. The food was great and service excellent. It's amazing what you can organise from so far away.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife and I were seated immediately outside in the lovely deck area on a Friday evening. We arrived with a couple minutes left of the "Shady Hour" (happy hour) and our server made extra effort to ensure we got orders in during this discounted time.

The cheese tray appetizer was just one mediocre jam short of an 'A', but the cocktails, brussel sprouts salad, mushroom risotto, and bread pudding dessert were fantastic. The ambience and service were great, too. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Met a friend while visiting here in Oahu. Nothing spectacular. Service left a lot to be desired. Flatbread pizza tasted as if it was from a box.