“Best meal we had on Oahu!”

Tita's Grill and Catering
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Kahuku
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Hawaiian, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Tita's Grill, Is a family friendly, local Hawaiian style Food Truck. We are located at the Hukilau Marketplace at the Polynesian Cultural Center right off Kamehameha Highway. Drive up, park and order straight from our window. We offer take out, or have a seat on our outdoor picnic tables and eat Ohana style. Make friends, share aloha and enjoy our onolicious food. We are just a humble "hole in the wall" that serves great food, nothing fancy.
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My husband and I stopped at Tita's Grill while touring the North Shore of Oahu on our fourth and final day on the island. We went based on the awesome reviews and pictures that others had posted here. Our only regret is that we didn't go sooner! I got the Spicy Garlic Shrimp Plate and my husband got the Garlic Shrimp & Teriyaki Beef combo. We also each had a HUGE slice of fresh Polynesian Sweet Bread. It was AH-MAZING! We were both painfully full when we left, wear something with some room and prepare for a food coma. The sandwiches that some of the locals got looked equally incredible as did the Kalbi Ribs. If we return to Oahu on a future trip we might end up staying on the North Shore just so that we don't have such a long drive to get to Tita's. BTW - this place would do great in Raleigh, NC....please open one near me :)

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Great place, great food. It is a little pricey, but that is just how Hawaii is. The owners were very friendly. He sat and talked with us for probably 15 minutes and brought out their free chocolate cake which was amazing! Their home made bread was also delicious. Most of the food was excellent! One person in our group just got a basic hamburger which was nothing special- piece of meat between a bun, but the other menu items were delicious and large portions.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

We visited at closing on July 5, so did not get the chocolate cake; but we would not have been able to fit it in anyways. I ordered the Loco Moco which was quite good, but not as good as the Garlic Shrimp I stole from DH. I thought they piled our plates extra high because they were closing for the night, but as I look at the photos posted here, I see their portion sizes are always huge! The people who work here are very welcoming.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

We had heard so many rave reviews about this place. We even drove an hour out of our way to get there...but then it was kind of a let down. The food was so-so, my Husband's order was wrong. We didn't get any of the chocolate cake they say comes with every meal. We did try their homemade bread and that was good. My Husband had the mini lb burger and it was HUGE. I had the meal that has some of every meat they serve. I would say the fried fish was my fave part of it. It's okay. If you are in the neighborhood and hungry stop in, but don't make a special trip just for it.

1  Thank An_eatter
Reviewed 18 July 2012

To be honest I forget what I had here. But whatever it was, it was fast and good. My husband had a burger I believe. But while we were waiting the owner came out and was like "did you get cake? heres some cake". It was the most moist and fabulous chocolate cake I ever tasted!!!

It wasn't that busy when we ate there, we just ate outside at one of the picnic tables.
Great quick eat!