“Amazing First Jump Over The North Shore”

Pacific Skydiving Center
Ranked #18 of 57 Tours in Haleiwa
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the extreme West North Shore of Oahu, Pacific Skydiving Center is the most scenic Hawaii skydiving dropzone, conveniently located one hour from Waikiki.Join our experienced staff for an adventure you won't forget over the spectacular North Shore of Oahu! We welcome you every day from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm (later on weekends) weather permitting.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 12 August 2011

The folks at Pacific Skydiving provide a great experience. My brother is military and jumps with them often, so I trusted that they are experienced and have a good track record, which they do.

My Tandem Master was thorough enough and we had a great ride from 15,000 feet. Oahu is the perfect backdrop to your free fall.

I recommend getting a reservation and going on the first flight. I like my Tandem Master fresh and the wind conditions are better early in the morning on the island.

The team is seasoned and good at what they do. Tip your jump master if he or she was good to you.

Mahalo!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 August 2011

My husband and I went skydiving today (8/1/11) and it was wonderful. We have both jumped twice before in other states and we agree this was the best experience by far. We chose this company because they guarantee an altitude of at least 14,000 feet. We are so glad we paid the extra money for the higher jump. The freefall was about 1 minute long and it was amazing. A shorter freefall would not have been nearly as cool. The scenery, of course, was spectacular.

My tandem partner was Bundy and my husband's was Micheal. We were highly impressed with both of them. They were professional, friendly and fun. They pointed out different sites on the island while we were in the air. I chose not to do flips and tricks but my husband was all for it. Michael provided a crazy exit from the plane and lots of flips and turns. My husband has been raving about it all day. They both let us steer but also have us the option to opt out and let them do all the work.

Two people in my group bought videos. One of them was very pleased with their video and the other was not so happy. It appeared to be a difference of opinion more that quality.

If you do purchase a video of your jump, be sure to specify the song you want BEFORE you jump. Otherwise, they will pick for you and it's not always a cool song. If you wait until after the jump, it will be too late.

Some people in previous reviews have commented negatively about poor customer service and bad staff. We had none of these issues today. Everyone had a friendly and professional attitude.

It is true that you may be there for a few hours or more. I recommend getting there when they open so that you don't have to wait for other people to go before you. However, the waiting is dependent on available staff, weather and number of other customers. Go in expecting to be patient. Whatever time you spending waiting is well worth it.

Reviewed 10 June 2011

I was supposed to be doing an "Ultimate" skydive today at Pacific Skydiving, ended up not actually getting there!
After corresponding and confirming with Guy (completely unhelpful and rude) we were told to get the bus to Haleiwa (staying on North Shore means you don't get a pick-up, even though you are closer?!) and call them from the post office payphone. Well there was no payphone there so after 30mins hunting one down (we do not have an American number yet) I finally got hold of Guy who told us to go back to the post office and wait. 45 minutes later and there was still no sign of anyone to pick us up. I called again to be told that there was a problem with the plane (I thought they had two?) and no one was coming to pick us up as promised. Guy told me to "shop for an hour and then call back". That was all I got. No apology, no explanation as to why we hadn't been picked up either?! Truly horrendous customer services, I do not recommend them on this basis.

1  Thank PaineyH
Reviewed 7 June 2011

My sons (18 & 20) absolutely loved this! They have wanted to do this for awhile now, and what better place than beautiful Hawaii?! I went with Pacific because of their safety rating. I gave it 5 stars because of that.

With that said, I do want to say that the personnel was lacking in personality, especially the girls/women behind the counter. No one seemed like they wanted to be there. (When I saw the videos of the jump though, the guys came alive -- I guess for the camera.) No one really has any time for you (or so it seemed) until it's time for you to get suited up. After that, it's a fast-paced instructions and out to the plane. I also had a coupon from a visitor's guide, but was not able to use it. In fact, according to the girl's "you stupid customer" look on her face, I'm not sure how you would use it with their pricing. Guess the coupon is only a marketing tool.

FYI: Do plan to be there a minimum of 4 hours just like the website says. There is a snack bar and picnic tables.

Would do this again with this company because of their safety record -- but these people are not your typical "Aloha-minded" locals that we encountered on the rest of North Shore.

1  Thank Danna-Tx
Reviewed 22 May 2011

We had planned on skydiving during our Hawaiian vacation since about February, when I seen it on Trip Advisor. I did not schedule our event until 2 days before because I wanted to see what the weather would be like. The weather was supposed to be only partly cloudy on Friday, May 13, 2011 and mostly cloudy on Saturday, May 14, 2001. So we decided to do in on Friday. Once I had scheduled it, all of felt the anticipation and wondered if we would actually do it.
On Friday, May 13, 2011 the manager driving a shuttle van picked us up from our hotel in Waikiki at 6:40 am and then stopped by another hotel and picked up one more customer, a very nice young man from Long Island, on our way to Pacific Skydiving. On our way there, the manager gave us the consent forms to sign. We arrived there about 8:00 am
and then were asked to watch a video. After the video, the manager, explained the different altitude dives. The regular altitude was between 8,000 and 14,000 feet and the ultimate altitude was above 14,000 to 16,000 feet. It would have cost us another 30 dollars more per person to do the ultimate altitude, plus an additional $30.00 per dvd video that we had planned on ordering. We felt that 8,000 - 14,000 feet was plenty high enough for our first skydive, so we bought the regular altitude. Therefore, we were in the 4th group of people to go because the rest of them were going to the higher altitude.
It was about 10:30 am when we got to go. There was a slight delay because it started raining for a while. The company really cares about safety and would not go in the rain. My tandem diver was Bundy. My husband, Keith's was Mike and my son, Adam's was Michael. My camera man was Breen. I do remember my husband's and son's camera men's name. I was first to get in the plane and last of my group to skydive. My husband was first to skydive, then my son and then me.
It was very exciting and fun. My tandem diver, Bundy, was great. He made me feel safe and during the parachuting period, he showed me how to guide the parachute and pointed out the scenery and where each area was at, such as the North Shore Beach.