“Best day surfing and SUP” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Uncle Bryan's Sunset Suratt Surf School

Uncle Bryan's Sunset Suratt Surf School
Ranked #2 of 51 Tours in Haleiwa
More attraction details
Owner description: Uncle Bryan Suratt presents, Sunset Suratt Surf Academy. Located on the North Shore of Oahu, home of Hawaii's most famous surf spots, Uncle Bryan prides himself on having the best trained surf instructors in Hawaii. All of our instructors are pro-level surfers themselves. Our surf school develops skills for longboard, short board, and stand-up paddle surfing. We take 6-month-old babies and adults in their 70s out for their very first time! Our surf lessons are for all ages and all levels, we teach surfers from beginners to pros. Sunset Suratt Surf Academy's classrooms are in the ocean from Sunset beach to Pipeline to Haleiwa, for a safe, guided hands on experience in the world of surfing. "It will be the most rewarding and thrilling gift that you can give to yourself or a loved one. A cherished experience of a lifetime. GO FOR IT!"Looking for a surfboard to rent while on the North Shore? Look no further. We got 'em—from shortboards to longboards to stand-up paddle boards! Sunset Suratt offers quality surfboard rentals.
London, United Kingdom
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Best day surfing and SUP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

My friend and I were nervous about trying surfing from previous experiences so sign ourselves up for SUP. we were contacted by uncles Bryan to say that it is better to go in the morning after booking an afternoon trip. This personal touch was an impressive start to our experience with the school. The SUP was great, we paddled up a river where we saw jumping fish, abundant turtles and peacocks. Our teacher was Christian who guided up down the right path and was attentive to our form so we quickly acquired the basic skills.
During the excursion we started talking about surfing, and both my friend and I described our previous washing machine like attempts at surfing. Christian was keen to explain the tides and currents of the bay and wanted to assure us that surfing was not meant to be stressful. Please note this was no an sales pitch, more an expression of his passion for surfing. After a long lunch we decided to come back for a lesson.
We were in a group of four and the girls were pulled out to the waves, remarkable start for sure. Then due to great instruction of where we were meant to be both myself and my friend pretty much stood up on every wave we caught! It was certainly the best day of our holiday so far.
Thank you uncle Bryan and christian.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Phoenix, AZ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place to Learn to Surf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

What a great surfing school! I turned 65 last week and Uncle Bryan's great team had me surfing on the third wave! Christian was terrific and Uncle Bryan 'adopts' you right into his family. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Lifeguard at Sunset Beach recommended this school. Mahalo!

1 Thank Jeri P
Hawaii
“Awesome Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

This was my first surf lesson and what a great experience. Uncle Bryan and his team are just great at everything they do. I will be back for more lessons. Thank you to all.

Tacoma
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best experience on water”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

For my wife's first exposure to the watersport of Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP), Uncle Bryan's was the perfect fit. Uncle Bryan was warm and welcoming; his staff of instructors were professional beyond reproach. Don't get sucked in by the tech-savy schools with sexy websites, trusts the folks at Uncle Bryan's for a true North Shore experience. Other schools cash in on naive tourists with overcrowded classes and impersonal instruction - Uncle Bryan provides more than just a class, he provides a memorable experience. For the timid beginner on water or the curious novice looking to hone advanced techniques, find Uncle Bryan and his crew on the North Shore.

Andover
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Family Surfing a new past time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

From the moment I spoke with Bryan on the phone, I got a great feeling about what to expect. My family of five children, my wife and I were up on the board riding waves in the first 10 minutes of stepping in the water. We had excellent instructors with Marcus and Christian. They knew when to push us a little and when to readvise us on how to be safe in the water. We had a total of 3 instructors for our group of 7 and spent 2 hours getting better and better.

When our surfing was done, we got a chance to review some optional photos taken by Heath. The pictures were awesome to say the least. We can not wait to get home and show our friends and family what a great time we all had.

Lucky,we set up surfing for the beginning of our Hawaiian vacation and changed the plans for the end of the week to surf with Uncle Bryan's team again. Again, Marcus and Christian were there to make sure we were getting better. This second session involved different waves and more instruction and safety focus.

Bryan made sure sure my family had a great time and treated us like part of his family. We are already planning our next trip to the North Shore. The focus of the trip will be surfing and hanging with the Uncle Bryan family.

Gregg 1, Massachusetts