“There is a reason the reviews are SO GOOD!”

North Shore Surf Girls - Surf School
US$ 78.13*
North Shore Stand-Up Paddleboard Lesson
Ranked #2 of 57 Tours in Haleiwa
More attraction details
Owner description: The North Shore Surf Girls Surf School is a female owned and operated company. Our lessons are catered to men, women and children. Our all female instructors are former professional surfers, trained lifeguards. We are detail oriented when teaching you to surf and stand up paddle board. We offer group, semi private and private surfing lessons and stand up paddle board lessons daily at 9:00AM, 12:00PM and 3:00PM.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My son, age 9, had a blast with Carol and Matt learning to surf on Memorial Day. We had a slight snafu with the traffic on the North Shore but they held the lesson for us and my son got 2 full hours in the water with the rest of his group. Carol and Matt were super patient and kind with all the participants. They helped my son tow out many times and with their aid he caught several waves, more than I thought would be possible in a 2 hour lesson. My son had a complete blast and had wonderful stories of his long rides, his short rides, the paddling and spotting the sea turtle! Even the stories of the few wipe outs were told with a laugh. They took extra care with my son and I was very comfortable with him out in the water with Carol and Matt. This experience was the highlight of our trip this year. We'll be back for another lesson the next time (hopefully soon) we come to the North Shore. Don't miss this chance to catch a wave!

Reviewed 29 May 2012

My wife, sister in law, brother in law and I spent two hours with Carol and Matthew hitting the waves near Chuns Reef North Shore Oahu Hi. We have had multiple surf lessons before and this was by far the best one not only cause it was fun but we learn a lot more from 2 hrs with Surfer Girls than at any other lesson before. If we ever come back to the North Shore we will call these guys again. Totally recommend North Shore Surfer Girls for their ability to teach and have some extreme fun at the same time.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

We just had our first surfing experience on North Shore with the North Shore Surf Girls school headed by Carol. To say that the experience was excellent is an understatement. My younger girls, ages 5 & 7 couldn't have been in better hands. We were all able to take full advantage of surfing and had great guidance from Carol, Vai & Rosie. They had complete control in the ocean as well as us and ensuring our safety in the water and on our boards. I loved it!! I highly recommend them to everyone, especially to families with children.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

My first surfing trip and it was great. The instructors were set on making sure I had fun and was able to ride the waves. It was challenging and exciting and I wish I had the time for another lesson.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

We scheduled our surf lessons and drove out to their location which took 1/4 of a tank of gas (which is A LOT considering a full tank was $80), we waited at their very seedy location behind a random bus at a gas station while a guy sprayed for roaches, 30 mins before we were supposed to get there and 30 mins after and they never showed up. We called our local expedia expert who said they mixed up our stuff, and said they would reschedule, but we were already busy and didnt want to schedule another time and waste another 1/4 tank for nothing. We did get our refund, but didnt get back our time or gas money I was very dissapointed

4  Thank AlexZaundria F
NorthShoreSurfGirl, Owner at North Shore Surf Girls - Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2012

Our goal is provide the highest standard of customer service possible and we apologies for not being able to teach this lesson.. We arrived at the meeting location at 9:00AM sharp and waited half an hour but no one showed. Since the customer was not traveling with a cell phone we were not able to contact them to see if they had gotten lost etc. We recommend that when customers book the lesson they provide us with a cell phone number and have ours with them as well. Our number is 808-637-2977. We also offered to reschedule the lesson as is our policy when a person misses a lesson for any reason. In this case the lesson was booked by a third party booking agency, who's protocol was slight different they ours, we have since ironed out the differences.