“A bit of self promotion”
Review of Hotel Molokai

Hotel Molokai
Ranked #1 of 4 Kaunakakai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The Hotel Molokai is the only hotel on the island. There are some time shares and condos/timeshares/VRBO's in Kaunakakai and the west end. I agree with all of the previous reviews - nice bar/restaurant, friendly management. The Hotel Molokai did send me 2 emails asking me to recommend them on TripAdvisor. Just a point.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank C H
GMHotelMolokai, General Manager at Hotel Molokai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for your feedback. It is acustom for us to asked all of our customers to give us feedback on any travel site of their choice. feedback from our customers can only help us grow and improve on our service.

We hope to see you on your next visit

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

I've just returned from a wonderful 5 day vacation on the beautiful Island of Molokai. My Hotel of choice was Hotel Molokai with good reason. I arrived and was warmly greeted by the front desk clerk Sumu. He was very friendly and prompt and offered me amazing service as he got my reservation processed and showed me to my room for the duration of my trip. My room was nice and tidy and very welcoming. I enjoyed my comfy king bed and the molokai breeze. the next morning I was greeted by Kumulin, a friendly room servant who inquired if I needed any new towels which I said thank you but none was needed. I was originally only suppose to stay until Friday but I was so impressed with the hotel and service that I decided to extend my trip until Monday. Michael the Manager was very helpful in assisting me and seeing that this was taken care of. I also had the pleasure of meeting Carolyn one of the other managers there who was also very friendly and welcoming. overall My stay there at Hotel Molokai was awesome and everyone was friendly and filled with the Aloha Spirit. I would definitely recommend booking a room and experiencing this for self

Room Tip: If you are looking for piece and quiet I would not reccommend being close to the pool as they have n...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank localBIboy

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. Glad to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay .

We hope to see you on your next visit to the island.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed here one night in Jan 2011, prior to hiking down to Kalaupapa the next morning (entry permits and tour arranged through the great folks at Kalaupapa Mule ride, www.muleride.com).

Got in late on a nice little flight from Maui, picked up our rental car (which you'll want to rent well in advance - not many rental cars on Molokai!), and drove down to the Aqua Hotel. Not much was open, but the guy at the front desk got us checked in and gave us directions to Kanemitsu's bakery, so that we could do a "hot bread run" that night (which was great, funky fun!)

The room was a little cramped, but pleasant and fine for one night. The one issue that we ran into was that we had to get an early start on our hike the next morning, and the front desk wasn't open! We were getting a little worried when someone finally pulled up in a car and opened up, so that we could check out.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loves_good_service
GMHotelMolokai, General Manager at Hotel Molokai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thank you for posting a review. Feed back such as yours can only help us improve on our service.

We hope o see you soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

I will start by managing expectations, there are not many hotels on Molokai and the Aqua Hotel Molokai is probably a little older and not exactly a luxury accommodation. The rooms are more like bungalows or cabin-like dwellings. There isn't central air or king size beds but the evening breeze is really cool and the rooms are dated but clean. What makes the stay worth it is some great management at the place. We missed a hotel management reception but we chose to visit the Hotel Bar and Restaurant later. It was extremely good and view was beautiful as well as amazing authentic local live entertainment. (2 Singers and Ukelele players)

Afterwards we went back to the bar where we met the Hotel Manager, Michael, and eventually the Hotel Chef, Gene. In addition to some other employees and locals. These folks could have not been more accommodating, pleasant and fun.

We ran into them several times again throughout our short stay. They always did everything to make sure our trip was great. We ended up eating in the restaurant a few more meals because the food was really good.

I highly recommend a visit and make sure to ask for the Hotel Manager, Michael and Chef Gene at dinner. Tell them Gene and Wendy from NJ sent you !

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gfitzpatrick

Thank you Gene and Wendy for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your short stay with us. we hope to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Hotel Moloka'i is a nice place to stay and.....pretty much one of your only options on the island! Overall, I was pleased with my stay even though my room was rather average compared to similar properties in the islands. However, I was not pleased that I paid nearly $200 a night for a simple room on a noisy parking lot, on a lower floor and especially during the low season. But....then again when you have little or no competition you can charge whatever you please. The island however is NOT a disappointment! The beauty and the friendliness shown toward you will blow your mind! It is a stark contrast to Maui, Oahu and all the other islands. There are no mega huge resorts, no stop lights, no wal-marts, no shopping malls, no 5* fancy nightclubs and restaurants. To some I suppose this would be a huge turnoff, but if you're looking for the real Hawai'i and not the fake Waikiki, Ka'anapali, Kihei, Aulani Disney Resort, plastic Hawai'i, then Moloka'i is "da place"!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank seahawksteve

Thank you for your review. we look forward to our customers feedback. feedback such as yours will certainly help us.

Thanks again and we hope to see you on your return to the island.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kaunakakai
35.4 km away
16.4 km away
MVP - Wavecrest
MVP - Wavecrest
#1 of 3 in Kaunakakai

Been to Hotel Molokai? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK