“Best bakery on this island!”

Stillwell's Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Wailuku
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

I work at the hospital here in Maui & someone ordered pastries from here for our lab, for a special treat. Oh my goodness, mmmmmm! They were melt in your mouth, delicious! So I was in town later & stopped here for lunch with my son. I ordered a BLT sandwich & soup & we split it, it enough for 2 people (he's 10, so maybe not for some). We always bring home a bakery treat. They have amazing choices like mac nut creme pie, coconut creme pie, Napoleons, etc all homemade, & you can tell they use the best ingredients. Always been a good experience here. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Taste, Variety, Service, Price ...
Our group pretty much sampled the entire menu ranging from a side of plain rice with a garden salad (for our gluten free component), several sandwich types, pasta salad ( in the refrigerated case) and five different pastry desserts. The Japanese rice vinegar and oil salad dressing is fantastic! and Im told the brownies and lemon tarts are superior. (I dont eat sweets, but my friends' reviews are reliable)

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Good little bakery that has good local food. Enjoyed the local breakfast and helpful staff. Hard to choose which breakfast I want some good choices to make.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

After striking out getting desert pastries in Makawao (the bakery is closed on Wednesdays!) we used Maui Revealed to identify Stillwells as a likely alternative. After mistrusting our GPS we subsequently found it right where it said it should be on an odd little street adjacent to Hwy 32. Service was great, after explaining the various options we were left alone to debate and decide. In the ended we opted for cream horns, tiramisu and fruit tarts for takeout. Based on the reactions of the friends who later consumed them, we scored!

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

We live here full time and from times to times we go to this French style bakery to get a bite to eat. Early morning, which we never do, we went there and I asked for a coffee and croissant. The croissants were in a box waiting to be used as a sandwich’s option. You can buy a sandwich and for $2 more have it on a croissant. Despite that this was not an item on the menu, I thought it would not be a problem to buy one. Big mistake. The waitress was absolutely clear that it was not possible and her obtuse attitude was also a strong indicator that we should talk to the boss, who was in the lab. He just look at the counter and not wanting to be bother denied the request. This is one of the worst customer service that I experienced face to face. Never heard that you could not get a croissant in a french style bakery when they are right in front of you. How this guy is still in business is beyond comprehension. His pastries are OK, But i doubt that he would still be in business if he was back in Europe, not with an attitude like that. Sadly on Maui we don’t have a choice. Just wish that a pastry chef would move here to give him some competition.

1  Thank nlv007