Wailuku Guesthouse
Sprecks Plantation House(Spreckelsville)
Paia Inn(Paia)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
View Hotel
All reviewsplantation roombeach chairsboogie boardssnorkel gearcoffee makerguest houseevery other dayhomemade breadclose to the airportgas grillvery nice stayohana roomexploring the islandmini fridgeconvenient locationsized bedhighly recommend this place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Plantation room for 4 nights which was quite small but it served our needs. Fresh baked banana bread was waiting for us. Great hosts. Use the BBQ two night and it was lovely sitting by the pool eating dinner. Quite once you make friends with the dogs.

Room Tip: Plantation room small, did not see any other rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank harveyrogalsky
Reviewed 17 November 2011

My wife and I stayed 5 nights on our very first Maui visit. It was the perfect location to visit Hana, Lahainia coast , Halakaela Volcano ,Iao Valley and the Kihei peninsula. It was so close to the airport and to Kuhuli for shopping of necessities. The property was easy to find, quiet, clean, had a nice pooland was inexpensive. Beach and snorkling was available for our usage as was an outdoor barbque. I highly recommend this place. Wonderful hosts.

Room Tip: Didn't need AC- the fan was enough.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2011

My parents and relatives stayed in the Garden Ohana for two weeks. They really enjoyed the patio area with the barbecue and especially the pool.
My mom has a light sleep and they slept towards the front of the house where the parking lots are. She told me that she couldn't fall asleep at some nights because people were talking too loud in the neighbor room (the walls are obviously not that thick). She also told me that she sometimes woke up early because other guests were leaving early in the morning and the lights of the cars were shining into the window. My dad didn't care because he sleeps like a bear in hibernation. But I guess some ear plugs would have done my mom a favour.
The ohana was perfect for four people and the owner had no problem when my cousin wanted to spend there two nights too. The rooms and the whole area was clean and there is a lot of stuff that the owners provide for free (coolers, beach and snorkel gear, free wifi, pool tools, travel guides and books).

The guesthouse is conveniently located in the middle of Maui not far away from beaches, hiking and shopping. It is affordable and the owners are very helpful.

When you book a room at the guest house don't forget that you actually live in the heart of Wailuku with everything (pros and cons) that a small town has to offer. If you want it busy and touristic book somewhere else ;)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank andi_HI
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We had a great time there, rooms are ok but a bit old and small, at least the Plantation Room where we stayed. Other than this, its location is great and the swimming pool is good!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Clean, quiety, convenient location. Comfortable. Great swimming pool.
We will stay again on our next trip to Maui. Maureen was very helpful in all steps of the way for our stay.

Room Tip: All are wonderful. We especially liked that there was a room with just 2 stairs and opened right into the pool area.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family