All reviews winding country upcountry maui haleakala rental lahaina
Reviewed 15 March 2007

My husband and I just stayed at the Aloha Cottage in the Bali Bungalow from March 5-12, 2007 for our honeymoon and have absolutely no criticisms whatsoever. The property is in its own little world of greenery, mountain breezes, and the perfume of natural eucalyptus. Our favorite part of the bungalow was definetly the HUGE soaking tub on the lanai, my husband is 6' 4" and we both had more than enough room to sink in and stretch out. Someone wrote that the tub ran out of hot water, but we never did. In fact, we took 2 baths one day and had more than enough steaming hot water. The house is kept in immaculate condition and you can not even tell that other people have ever stayed there, yet it still feels like home for your trip. Petra, the property owner's assistant, was a major help in finding wonderfully secluded beaches and letting us in on where to eat and such. Ranjana, the property owner, along with her husband Ron are absolutely gracious hosts and were helpful with every detail. Ranjana even sent me an e-mail to make sure that we made it home to Florida okay and to see how I was feeling since I unfortunately got a sinus infection at the end of our stay in paradise. We can not wait to return for an anniversary! If you want a private stay with no interference from traffic noise, tourists, or children then this is absolutely the place for you. The town of Makawao is also a very friendly place to wander around and has some cute little shops (visit the Aloha Cowboy if you ride!). Enjoy!

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank linz7886
Reviewed 3 February 2007

Even though my wife and I are not newlyweds as many of the recent posters have been, while staying at the Bali Bungalow we sure felt like it. The cottage and the setting overlooking the eucalyptus trees and gardens are magnificent.

The cottage had everything we needed to enjoy are one week stay. It was just far enough from everything to feel like you are away from the hustle and fast pace of the resort areas, but still close enough to shopping, restaurants and the beaches. We loved our stay here and hope to come back soon.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank stanpen
Reviewed 23 January 2007

an incredible experience ! It was as if we had our own private Maui.
Honeymooners delight this place will Not let you down.... That newlymarried magic is sustained in the impeccable palace of the bungalow. And the Sheer enjoyment of the outdoor soaking tub had my lover and I rushing back to soak up the sunset and the moon rise and stars... Of all the places we stayed on Maui this place was by far the BEST Thank You Ranjana it was a taste of heaven that you shared with us and we hope to return one day.

Stayed: October 2006
3  Thank ValleyofGold
Reviewed 19 January 2007

The Aloha Cottage was the most incredible place we ever stayed in. We had read the reviews on line which were excellent, so we already had high expectations - but these were surpassed during our stay. Websites usually make a place look better, but when we got to our cottage, it was beyond our wildest dreams. We even had our very own private road to take us to our dream house! It was so romantic, we did not want to leave during the day to go out on adventures - we wanted to bathe in the beauty that was all ours. It was decorated so exotically, we felt that we were in another world. The cottage was supplied with everything that we needed. The bed was dreamy - the most comfortable pillow top mattress - even the unseen corners of the cottage were meticulously clean. The outdoor tub under the stars was so romantic and a wonderful way to celebrate our new life together. What a gift to stay in such luxury on our honeymoon. We give the Aloha Cottage an A++++.

Stayed: January 2007
2  Thank GabriellaNewYork
Reviewed 11 January 2007

My new wife and I are glad that we chose to stay at the Bali Bungalow. Our wonderful hosts welcomed us with delicious Maui cookies in the kitchen and soft music playing in the background. The custom bungalow was clean and fully equipped with kitchen essentials, beach chairs, etc. And we appreciated the privacy of our luxurious secluded spot.

The location allowed us easy access to drive up the volcano to the top of Haleakala National Park (i.e. for hiking and to watch the sunrise) or down to incredible beaches in Paia. And if you need a bite to eat or groceries, the delicious restaurants and general store in Makawao are not too far to drive to (~15 min.)

The drive from the airport was fairly easy, and we were able to accomplish it at night without any problems. Be prepared for some winding, steep roads once you pass through Makawao (very fun to drive in my opinion :-) that offer some incredible views of the island during the daytime.

Each part of Maui is so different (i.e. rainforests, rugged coastlines, beaches), but if you like cool fresh air (we stayed in late December), no bugs, and easy access both to beaches and to the 10,000' volcano peak, and if you want to stay in a private, unique place, you can't beat the Bali Bungalow.

• Stayed: January 2007