All reviewswinding countryupcountrymauihaleakalarentallahaina
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We cannot praise enough how thoroughly pleased we were with our choice. This was far outside of our budget, but worth every penny! Coming home every night and not having the hustle and bustle of a hotel or basically anyone around. The kitchen was absolutely perfect and allowed us to live by the local foods from farmer's markets! The outside bathtub--Oh my goodness... talk about delightful. There was a review about privacy that we were like, "how much more private could you get?" However, there were times when I was in the tub and the people in the driveway would drive down the road, and I understood why that review noted that. However, I did not feel like my privacy was invaded at ANY time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Aloha Cottage. Very romantic and private. The bed is sooo comfortable...got a good night's sleep every night. Things to note: 1) No air conditioning - not a problem at night and in the morning as it is cool and even a little chilly, but very warm during the day. Also not much of a problem, though, because we did all of our activities during the day. 2) Get snacks - the nearest town is about 10 minutes away. 3) Get a massage at Body Therapeutics in Pa'ia. My husband and I had a couples massage, and we agreed it was the best massage we've ever had - and I've had a lot of massages. 4) Eat at Mama's Fish House in Pa'ia. Excellent food, pricy, but totally worth it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Nestled in the mountains of Maui this ideal getaway offers luxury as well as seclusion. Within driving distance from beautiful Maui beaches, it is also minutes away from a forest walk or the local village (Makawao). All home comforts away from home and a beautiful view.

Room Tip: Great honeymoon cottage
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2013

This is a lovely, secluded cottage - perfect for individuals who want privacy and quiet. The cottage has all the basic amenities including cable tv, laundry facilities and a hot tub outside on the patio. It is about a 10-15 minute drive into the local village where there are a few art galleries, restaurants and some really nice little shops that offer home furnishings, clothing, jewelry, etc. If you drive an additional 10 minutes, you will find a somewhat larger village with more restaurants, a health food store and a beach. This beach is good for people who like surfing activities as it has waves, but I think it is too rough for small children to safely enjoy. Be aware that driving to other attraction areas around Maui can take anywhere from 45 - 75 minutes (that's just how the island is). Anyways, if you want a quiet, serene hideaway with the best night time star watching you will ever experience, this is it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2013

This was my first visit to Maui and I couldn't have been more pleased with my choice to stay at Aloha Cottage. The property is secluded, quiet & gorgeous.

The cottage is upscale, clean & beautiful. The kitchen is fully stocked which is very important to me. The outdoor tub on the lanai is heaven - nothing like soaking in a hot tub every evening in paradise. I was lucky enough to have a full moon for company!

The owners were available to answer any questions I had, to offer suggestions only a local would know and yet they were very respectful of my privacy.

The location upcountry is perfectly situated for peace, quiet & fresh air. It was easy to make daytrips to other locations on the island. Also close to the best natural food store on the island, Mana Foods in Paia

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo