15 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$549
travelup.com$595
ZenHotels.com$725
5,907 results
All reviews the cottages cottage room royal scoop tower rooms ocean view black rock whalers village free trolley our honeymoon main tower beach bar kaanapali beach beautiful beach per day travel agent an upgrade tennis courts
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 July 2022 via mobile

This is a beautiful beach side hotel with a extremely friendly staff and great restaurant for breakfast lunch and dinner (we had all three there). Just a few hundred yards down the beach into the right is a great offshore reef with phenomenal snorkeling and scuba and shallow enough that even young snorkelers can enjoy it. We saw many fish and swim with multiple sea turtles while respecting their boundaries. It is a great location and about 50 minutes from Wailea. My only criticism is that check in and check out can take a while but if you’re checking out you can just drop your key card at the desk and they will email you a copy of your receipt. Overall a great experience and I would definitely stay here again!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Seth F
HHR CRES, Other at Royal Lahaina Resort & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2022

Mahalo! We appreciate your valuable feedback. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for joining us and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2022

I am currently staying at the Royal Lahaina. I don’t use TripAdvisor at all but have gone for the first ever here specifically just to share my grievances about this place, which are significant.

Unfortunately, overall this hotel seems under the influence of the idea that tourists will just keep coming no matter how badly you treat them.

The hotel is clearly in the midst of a staffing and or morale crisis amongst its staff, who couldn’t care less about professionalism or the quality of your stay.

A chief problem here is that wait times in the front lobby to get any kind of assistance - even for mundane matters -is consistently at least an hour, if not longer. The cue in the front lobby is typically 20-30 people long and it often takes front desk staff 5-10 minutes to check in each guest due to apparent problems with their computer system, motivational deficits, or both. At any point during the day you can go to the lobby and you will observe and/or overhear bewildered and upset customers complaining about the empty promises they’ve received from staff and the constant delays. and empty promises from the hotel. At another point - this during non-peak hours - I waited an hour just to get another key card.

The room service is nonexistent. I’m currently staying in a $650 a night ocean front room and we have not gotten any room cleaning or service despite requesting service from the front desk on several occasions. On the woman occasion that they did service the room all they did was bring fresh towels but did not take out the dirty towels that are on the floor, did not clean the floor, did not clean the sheets, or provide any other cleaning services. If you approach the housekeepers to remedy the lack of service, they will just shrug their shoulders and tell you to contact the front desk. But in a cruel catch-22, when you contact the front desk nothing happens - or at best to get the same housekeeper who can’t be bothered to do anything but bring towels. On another occasion a housekeeper simply dismissed us by saying “there is no service tonight.” Simply bizarre and unacceptable considering that our 5-day stay will bring the hotel over $4,000 between fees, meals and daily rates. When you do the math it’s simply unfathomable that the hotel can’t afford to hire additional staff to resolve the current crisis here… They are simply unwilling to do so.

While the hotel is admittedly situated on one of the most beautiful locations on the Earth, what’s going on at the Royal Lahaina is a great injustice to those who want to enjoy it.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard_Johnson6969
HHR CRES, Other at Royal Lahaina Resort & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2022

Thank you for your recent feedback concerning your stay at the Royal Lahaina Resort. We are extremely sorry to have disappointed you. We try to maintain the highest standards of service but clearly that is not what happened here. We will be reviewing this with our management team to improve our service to our guests.

Reviewed 27 July 2022

As we pulled up to the resort our tropical dreams came true. The hotel is beautiful landscaped and furnished. The smell and friendly greeting when we walked in was amazing! We were able to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner at the restaurant downstairs and never felt crowded or rushed. The food was ok but the ambiance and setting was superb. In the morning we would hit up the little coffee shop and then take a walk down the beach. We were able to book a few adventures with the agents on the property. So convenient. We were even able to purchase souvenirs and forgotten toiletries at the shop on property. They truly have everything. We were bummed that the luau was booked out but the agent was able to find us one at a nearby property to go to. Our room had an ocean view that was to die for. So gorgeous! If I was to offer constructive feedback it would be to bleach the showers in the room better. Nothing that would warrant a negative review though. We can’t wait to come back!

Date of stay: July 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank lewiejc
Royal Lahaina Resort Hinck, General Manager at Royal Lahaina Resort & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2022

Aloha and thank you for reviewing our property and giving us some great feedback. We appreciate it very much! A hui ho!

Reviewed 26 July 2022

My dissatisfaction and disappointment started at check in.

We reserved a OCEANFRONT cottage. In March. I even corresponded in email with reservations and was told and it was confirmed we had a REMODELED room reserved.

That’s NOT what happened upon check in.

Front desk said it was messed up because of changing software. Sorry that’s a lame excuse.

We were put in a garden cottage suite. I did not raise to much of a stink at the front desk because I did not want to ruin my vacation. I was completely lied to, in writing multiple times. The last correspondence was a week before we checked in.

“ Deluxe Oceanfront Bungalow Studios” and “ You are booked in the renovated cottage –“ Alexis Santos

The suite was not remodeled. It had a smell as soon as you walk in. Had to purchase Lysol to help the mold mildew smell. Sprayed under all sinks and it seemed to help a bit, only had window unit acs. Loud and I’m sure part of why the rooms stunk.

I never have allergy problems in Hawaii,,.but this room really messed with my allergies. I had to take Claritin every day of our stay there.

They didn’t clean our room, I mean they made beds and left towels. My husband noticed they had just folded a towel back that he had left on the floor. That’s disgusting. They did wash the couple dishes we left in the kitchen, once.

The kitchen in the suite is really old and stinks. The whole suite needs to be remodeled. The bathrooms were pretty gross.

This is not the Super 8, I had high expectations after reading all the good reviews here. If we had been staying, let’s say in Port Aransas TX or somewhere I’d expect a place like this. But not Maui, and not for the rates we paid.

Now, I will say, we made due. The grounds were lovely and the ocean is right there. The spa on property is great, I had a facial and the experience was top notch. The restaurant was good and the ice cream shop was a nice surprise. There is also a little store at the resort that was convenient.

I really hope my review is read and taken seriously.

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this resort at this time.

Room tip: Don’t stay here until renovations are done
4  Thank 736NancyB

Thank you for taking time to give us some feedback about the resort. We are embarking on a $12M renovation project that will start in February to get all the Bungalows back to where they belong. Your feedback is important to us. Mahalo!!

Reviewed 20 July 2022 via mobile

We had a great time at Royal Lahaina. The Luau was awesome. Staff is very helpful and friendly. A short walk to Whalers Village for shooping and eating. The room is a little outdated but it wasn't horrible.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Royal Lahaina Resort Hinck, General Manager at Royal Lahaina Resort & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2022

Mahalo for your review we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.