All reviewssnorkel gearhot tubbeach towelsboogie boardsfresh fruitbed and breakfastquiet neighborhoodhome away from homethought of everythingbreakfast was deliciousprivate patiogas grilllaundry facilitiesflat screen tvsun deckcommon areaslike coming home
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Our first time visiting Maui and one of my favorite spots was staying in this guest house. The staff make it so comfortable and enjoyable. We enjoyed talking with Linda and Steve and they were very helpful in recommending places to eat. Christine was very welcoming when we arrived. Barb is a very nice and caring person. Tanna, the owner, is also wonderful. Mark is fun to joke around with! We also met some very friendly people staying there from other countries. We were surrounded by so many nice people that it was so hard to want to leave. The view from the upper deck is beautiful especially in the evenings. We watched the sunset. We have our own hot tub which we used every night. They provided beach chairs and snorkeling gear and beach towels for us which is wonderful to have when you’re traveling and want to go to the beach! We also have use of the kitchen and spices and condiments. We used the grill on the deck one night which is awesome. We also have use of the laundry room which comes in handy. The bedrooms are large and the bed was very comfortable. They also give you lots of pillows which we liked. Can’t say enough wonderful things about this place. If we ever go back to Maui we will definitely stay there again!

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

First things first. You need to understand what makes this place different. The guest house owner will hardly talk to you at all. BUT here's the reason. She is actually deliberately leaving the operational side entirely to a group of people who live there in return for accommodation and food, and the most significant thing.... experience and training in how to run a bed and breakfast so they can eventually own their own. Apprentices you might say. Its nothing we have experienced before and at first without knowing the set up it did make for bit of an unusual stay. (Perhaps knowing will make things feel different...they should be proud and promote this when you arrive.. its a beautiful thing the owner is doing) But... once you know whats going on, it begins to feel special. The staff are lovely people. All of them. Mark the maintainance guy is quiet but super nice (I hope by now you've remembered that word you said you were going to use from now on lol) breakfast is plentiful. AMAZING fruit. Plenty of cake slices, cereals, muffins... you name it you can have it. And if its not there, they will try to get it for you. Beach equipment including snorkle gear.... all there for you to borrow. The kitchen is huge and your free to cook whatever you want. So go shopping and save money if thats your thing. My only criticisms are purely personal... didnt like the hot tub in the room, comfortable sofa, a desk, maybe a dressing mirror for the ladies or men to to their makeup or whatever may have been better. And the stained glass. The 2 rooms I saw had zero natural light and that did make it claustrophobic. But again personal preference. But to me i always felt enclosed... and being woken by breakfast being prepared because I'm a light sleeper. BUT.... for comfort, location to AMAZING beaches... and just the most helpful and niceest staff ever..... this place will be hard to beat. We wanted to go snorkeling and they gave us absolutely everything they even had the best beach chairs for us to take with us..and a cool box! . It's taking a while to write this review because I wanted to be honest and yet give it the feedback it deserves. But in summing up, if you're not really fussy about the things I've mentioned and I may just be overly fussy then you will love staying here and I believe you would love meeting the people that run it they are super friendly and welcoming. Other people have mentioned the location to us it wasn't a problem and it felt safe and it was perfect position for so many amazing beach spots. It wasn't by the beach it was about 2 minutes away. No sea view but when I wanted to see the sea, i went to the sea. We miss this place and we miss the people and I think when you get home you'll miss them too. I'm never ever getting my small lighting reviews but writing this one has made the hairs on my neck stand up and I've got a lump in my throat. Just book it. What are you even waiting for????

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank dontfloweritup
Reviewed 23 February 2018

…because there are no keys and no problems. The Guest House is situated in a quiet neighborhood and it's like coming home. The staff seems to live in the same house as you and are always happy to help with whatever question you have. Also you can help yourself with the food in the kitchen,... like at home. We have never experienced such an open minded and welcoming guest house before and will definitely come back next time we are in Maui.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2018

I spent 10 days here last December, just before Christmas and I absolutely loved it! The room was huge, the bed very comfortable. I loved the shower and the jacuzzi. Each room has one! Every person who works here is very nice ( I won’t name them as I don't want to forget anyone...). They are all very helpful and do everything they can to make you feel at home. I will definitely go back!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank NadineParis
Reviewed 19 January 2018

We can't say enough about the three days we stayed here over Christmas this year! Friendly, helpful and so accommodating in every way. Breakfast was delicious each day. Parking FREE, Wi if FREE and even old fashioned free telephone call back to Canada! To top it all off when we arrived back from our supper cruise on Christmas night the whole staff and friends were engaged in a gift exchange party .( We had been invited to join in for their traditional Christmas dinner but had already planned the cruise). 10 out of 10 for this beautiful bnb and I haven't even described our room complete with hot tub!

Room Tip: All rooms are probably great. Ours was.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple