1,200 results
All reviews maui dreams come true putting green grocery store sea wall ocean front living room shuffle board sandy beach farmers market beautiful grounds tennis courts pools and hot tubs c unit washer and dryer full kitchen koi pond first morning
Reviewed 12 October 2018

This was a timeshare exchange for us. It was our 2nd time at this property. The rooms are clean and well appointed. That said, when you arrive you have enough toilet paper, soap, etc for about 4 days, so be prepared to take a very short walk to purchase more at the ABC store that's only a few yards away, or the Times market across the street.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank LJS2308
LynMolinaReis, General Manager at Aston at Papakea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Aloha LJS2308,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your review and also for your loyalty to the Papakea Resort. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us once again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

We stayed here (via an Airbnb booking) with a group of friends for a wedding. We stayed in one of the larger units with 2 bed+ loft so were able to fit 9 people (although tight). The property was great - well kept, quiet, safe, and convenient. The concierge was very friendly and helped us book our excursions. We were able to enjoy the pool as well. I do with it were a bit closer to the action in Lahaina, but there is plenty to walk to. We had breakfast locally at the farmers market (acai bowls were awesome) and ate lunch at the local fish market. My favorite part were the amazing sunsets from the balconies. Every room looks out to ocean view and we LOVED the sunsets from here.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank lslevy
LynMolinaReis, General Manager at Aston at Papakea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Aloha lslevy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Our local Farmers Market is a great corner gem near by and a definite "must do" on this side of the island, I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as your stay here with us at the Papakea Resort. Should your future travels bring you back to Maui in the future, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

I have stayed here before, many times as a teen and now as an adult and its always been a fun time,weather your with family or friends. Our condo was G-302 found it on VBRO and it was really all we needed. We had a great view of one of the two pools and a Koi pond, could see the ocean from our room. Even though there is not beach anymore to lay on, you can easily walk over to the next condo and use that beach if you looking for one, there are others close by, only a short car ride away. Enjoy this place because it is very quite and relaxing, and they take good care of the landscaping. Our room was nicely decorated in a Hawaiian theme, it only had Air conditioning in the main living area, but there were two room fans, and three ceiling fans that helped keep our room cool. we loved sleeping with the windows open and hearing the ocean. Would stay here again, great for families. Lots to do within a short drive, near a supermarket, walking distance to a Super ABC market.

Room tip: I liked staying in building G
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank I6724XRjohnc

Aloha l6724XRjohnc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us at the Papakea Resort and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

DON'T DO IT! My husband and I went to Waikiki and then MAUI. Our first time in Hawaii. This resort is horrible. It ruined my trip. Decor was old. No air in the bedroom. Beach access at the resort next door for the sewer. Yes, that's what it looked like. I have pictures. Apparently, it's a gamble when you book. You don't know if you are at the top or the bottom of the food chain. Needless to say, we were at the bottom. The resort was no help. The pictures aren't true. They offered a fan & took off the facility fee. A whole $34! The resort did admit that quite a few of the rooms are in need of updating. Travelocity wasn't any help either. A discount on my next nightmare stay. I spent more time on the phone with the resort & Travelocity then enjoying my vacation. Maui may be beautiful, but I'll never know. I have no interest in returning.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank angierdsu89

Aloha angierdsu89,

 Thank you for taking the time to advise us of your impressions of the Papakea Resort and for allowing me the opportunity to respond to your concerns. There are no excuses for guest dissatisfaction and I certainly will not make any with regard to your hotel experience except to say how sorry we are that we did not live up to what obvious reasonable expectations are. Your comments allow us to evaluate our services and focus our efforts as we continually strive to maintain a high level of service.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Everything was wonderful on our visit. Our condo G107 was perfect in every way. We have been here many times and this is the only place we will stay. The grounds, pools, staff are always the best! I would recommend the services of Andrea the concierge she has always helped us in planning our outings and is always very welcoming.

Date of stay: September 2018
2  Thank Cathy K
LynMolinaReis, General Manager at Aston at Papakea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Aloha Cathy K,

 It was truly a pleasure to reach such kind and complimentary comments about our property and the staff at the Papakea Resort. We wish to thank you for taking the time to share your pleasant experience during your recent stay. We would cherish the opportunity to host you once again at the Papakea Resort if your travels bring you back to the islands in the future.