1,283 results
All reviews castaway cafe banyan building coconut building aloha tower full kitchen black rock garden view whalers village free trolley smaller pool beach walk main building two queen beds great beach onsite restaurant studio condo general store
Reviewed 26 May 2007

I stayed at the resortquest kaanapali maui villas with my aunt and cousin from May 10 to the 16. It was a dream vacation for my aunt who turned 75 this year. We had a wonderful time on our first trip to Hawaii. We definitely will return.
I think some of the reviewers were just too picky on this resort. Yes, this is an older facility, but the owners take care of the property. It's clean and well-kept. We stayed in a one-bedroom that could easily fit six people. It's right on the beach, close to whaler's village(loved the hula Grill). The staff is friendly, they go out of their way to help you. When my bags were delayed for a day, they helped me track it down by calling the airport. On Mother's Day, we spent the day at the spa. It was awesome. Don't waste your money on going to a spa at one of the big resorts. I think you can get the same kind of massage or facial for less money at Resortquest. The people who book activities are also helpful. Cast Away cafe, the onsite restaurant is a great place to dine for breakfast or dinner if you are tired. The prices are also reasonable. Thanks to all the staff for making this such a memorable vacation for us.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank mreen
Reviewed 18 April 2007

A much-needed one-week, last minute getaway for my mother, son and myself. Never been to Hawaii before and after staying here, we wondered why we had waited so long to go! This resort was wonderful. Friendly staff. Relaxed atmosphere. Mostly older couples, retirees, young families. Few teenagers or honeymooners from what we could tell. Never felt cramped or crowded, and it was Spring Break! Fairly gentle waves, but windy on 2 days with big strong waves. Very clean sand. Booked a 2-person cabana for the week - well worth the $100 - Patty and Rodrigues were very helpful. Lovely grounds with beautiful flowers and song birds. One Stop General Store off the lobby was super - could get almost everything in there! We took the trolley to Whaler's Village and the $1 Maui bus to Lahaina. We didn't want to rent a car as we felt we would feel obliged to use it each day and we just wanted to sit, relax, swim in the pool and play in the sand. When we found it too hot, we could get shade on the beach in the cabanas and on the lounge chairs under the palm trees near the beach.
The beach really does look like pictures you see! Took a $5 cab to the local food market nearby. We walked around to see the other hotels in the area and we liked ours the best. Plus we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite and it was excellent. Very comfortable accommodation and quiet - heard the guests next door making a racket
late one night, I called the front desk, security came and the noise promptly disappeared. Nice warm breeze, gentle atmosphere. Staff had to move us to a different room the last day as our flight was a late departure - paid half the room rate - Very nice studio with king bed and sofa bed on ground floor. One week was too short, 10-12 days would have been perfect. We didn't want to leave and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank akd4043
Reviewed 11 April 2007

Perfect spot for a relaxing, low-key family visit to Maui. Clean, well-appointed condo (#212, which I highly recommend). Very beautiful, quiet grounds - even though the place was sold out, we rarely saw more than a few people out on their balconies. Perfect sandy beach, nicely situated between two rockier beaches (Black Rock and the Kaanapali Westin beach, a 3-minute walk, and great for snorkeling). Helpful staff - particularly concierge and equipment rental folks. We ate lunch several times in the little restaurant by the pool, and had great burgers, salads, etc. Quick drive to markets,
shopping, Lahaina...and I hear there are shuttles and busses, although we didn't use them. If I were to criticize, I'd say the poolscould use an update, but my kids had a fine time. This is NOT your destination if you're looking for 5-star cuisine, rocking nightlife on premises, massive pools with rockslides, or the singles scene. It was lovely.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank Lorind
Reviewed 3 April 2007

We stayed at the Villas for 5 days. First we got the towers section and found that the condo we got was a little dingy and without a lanai. So we asked for an upgrade and got room 173 in the Dolphin building which was perfect. By the way, this building is closest to the pool and beach.

The place was clean, bright, on the ground level so very easy access to the pool and beach. Everyday was perfect. There is a small restaurant that the hotel owns which was also perfect if you wanted to get a bite to eat or have a drink by the pool. The service staff were pleasant and responded to our requests with a smile.

The place is very quiet even with families around.

Overall, I would highly recommend the Villas for anyone.

The beach was nice but in the winter, the water was a little rough.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with friends
6  Thank suzanners
Reviewed 28 March 2007

Kaanapali Villas was a wonderful place to stay. It had great ammenitites without the price. If you are tight on budget, this is the place to stay. My husband and I spent our honeymoon there and it was the most beautiful 6 days that we had. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and our room was amazing. The service was great and the grounds of the hotel was kept cleaned. The rooms each had a full kitchen and was fully furnished. We felt like it was home. The location was right on the beach so it made it very convinient to get to. Kaanapali beach is truely one of the more beautiful beches on that side of the island and it has a great view of Lanai and Molakai. If you go during the winter season, you can even see whales form the beach, which was amazing. The general store was convinient because it was opened late; therefore if you needed something, you were able to get it. The hotel was located among all the resorts in that area so there was a lot things to do. You can also enjoy live music at other hotels that were near by such as the Hyatt and the Sheraton. Whaler's village is not too far from the hotel and is actually a nice walk to get to. I would definitely recommend renting a car so that you can really experience Maui, otherwise you will be stuck at your hotel most of the time. If you are looking for more of a laid back area, I would reccommend the Kapalua and Nipili area because there is less resorts in that area and it seems to be a little more secluded from the main tourist net, however, some places may not be directly on the beach; therefore you will have to drive to get to a beach. Also, I would recommend buying groceries from a nearby store and cook some of your meals. We found that saved us a lot of money. There is also a $10 day charge for mantience and groundkeeping fee, which you pay when you check out. Lastly, try to enjoy your time in Maui and take it all in, because it will go by fast and it will feel like it was just a dream.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple