Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas
Best Western Pioneer Inn(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$ 236
US$ 225
US$ 488
US$ 457
  • Beachfront
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$ 360
  • Beachfront
Aston at Papakea Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$ 391
Orbitz.com
US$ 429
Hotelpower.com
1,245 results
All reviewscastaway cafebanyan buildingcoconut buildingaloha towerfull kitchenblack rockgarden viewwhalers villagefree trolleysmaller poolbeach walkmain buildinggreat beachonsite restaurantstudio condobeach towelsgeneral store
San Clemente, CA
Reviewed 30 April 2005

We stayed in a pool view room in the Dolphin building. We had a full kitchen, big bathroom and a king bed, TVsofa and table and a loft with a full/queen bed and TV upstairs where the kids were thrilled to hang out. We were on the 2nd floor so we had total privacy with our lanai so we could leave our towels and beach gear there. This Condo/Hotel is very basic but perfect for a family that wants a great beach with great snorkeling just a short walk away. We rented a Cabana for the week so that we always had a shady relaxing spot on the beach when we wanted it. The Dolphin building is just steps to the beach, 2 big puools and the Castaway restaurant which is nothing fancy but serves good food. it's a short drive to Whalers' Village. We had initially asked for a view room (5th6thfloors) in the hotel but were really happy that we were in the Dolphin building because the rooms with views in the tall building don't have the lanais. Overall, we definitely recommend this place to people with kids who don't need room service and don't expect an upscale place. It was also not crowded at the pool and beach as the big resorts were.

• Stayed: April 2005
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 April 2005

I have stayed at the Kaanapali Villas 3 times. If you are expecting 5 star try another place, however, if you want a resort that is relaxing , a good value and a good place for kids, I recommend it.

We stay in the condos that offer a 1 bedroom, full bath, washer/dryer, frontroom, dining room and full kitchen. We then take advantage of the kitchen to dine-in with the family. The Restaurant called Castaways is a pretty good place if you don't feel like driving.

Also, just to the east of the beach is a pretty good snorkeling spot that doesn't require a drive. I believe it's called the old airport.

One downfall is you will need to drive to get to Whalers Village or downtown Lahaina.

So if youre looking for a good/safe family spot that wont blast apart your bank account, this is a good resort.

Chris
Northern CA

• Stayed: November 2004
10  Thank ChrisSwims
gilbert az
Reviewed 23 April 2005

Just returned from a 3 day stay at the Aston Kaanapali Villas. I was a little leery of staying there but got a good rate on a one bedroom condo. As I had read in previous reviews the property is a little dated but still in good condition,( the grounds are beautiful!) we did not see any cockroaches at all. Our condo had newer carpet and furniture and was very spacious. The beach was very close and even though the staff warned us several times to be careful swimming. I felt very safe. There is a nice area just north of the villas in front of the Westin where I saw a turtle and lots of other fish, very clear and the waters not too rough. The staff leaves something to be desired and were not overly friendly but I didn't let it ruin my trip. This is a very relaxing property to just go and relax, not alot of excitement but it was just what we needed! Note this is not an upscale condo property but it was well worth what we paid.

• Stayed: April 2005
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Huntington Beach,CA
Reviewed 13 April 2005

My husband and I were sent here on our honeymoon. This is a place to go only if you choose to basically have nothing special. There is no room service no special amenities other then a full kitchen, if you want to cook. Which of course on your Honeymoon who wants to cook! You have to drive to do anything! Next time if ever I go to Hawaii I will stay at a resort to enjoy the Hawaiian experience!

• Stayed: November 2001
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 April 2005

We stayed in a garden view hotel room. King sized bed and sofa bed for the children (aged 7 & 11; boy & girl - I guess they won't be sharing for much longer...). Having just stayed at the Waikiki Circle, this room seemed huge! Liked having a little kitchenette, not that we cooked there, but we often had breakfast in our room. The garden view was gorgeous - and we could just see the ocean in the distance. Housekeeping was very good - the sofa bed was always put away each day. The castaway cafe and the shop were a little pricey, but the food was good. Buy your breakfast cereals elsewhere though! Hadn't realised the Royal Lahaina Luau was right next door, but that was a plus, as we had booked our luau there, and could walk to it, and drink mai tais all evening. The children (and I) had fun on the beach, renting the hotel's boogie boards, although I'd recommend caution with the beach as it drops quite suddenly from being shallow to deep-ish. Other nice touches - internet access in the lobby, and a library ("take a book and leave a book"). I'd go back to this place in an instant.

• Stayed: March 2005