“BUCKET LIST THIS ONE..........”

Safari Boat Excursions
More attraction details
Owner description: Lanakila is the only boat in Lahaina harbor meeting current EPA standards and is the most technology advanced boat available. Passengers can experience destinations previously unimaginable due to the design of this boat. Our boat is a fast as any raft., but go where they can't. Take a chance let your imagination roam and come out on the best boat on Maui.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 15 February 2012

If you DON'T want to have the time of your life, don't go. This was absolutely the coolest thing I've ever done. I can't write a review that would ever explain how great this trip is. Whether you take the day trip around Lanai or just go whale watching for a few hours, you won't be disappointed. Captain Dave has, somehow, assembled a team of amazing people...the best people...to show you around the waters of Maui. YOU MUST DO THIS....YOU WILL REGRET IT IF YOU DON'T.....

1  Thank Allen V
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Safari Boat Excursions

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Captain Dave may not be for everyone, I think he would admit that, but if you want to have a great time, this trip is worth checking out. I really enjoyed the he planned music to fit every part of the trip. I also appreciated that he was quite daring in where he would take the boat on our trip around the island.
At first I was p.o. about turning off my cell phone. But you know, he was right. We were on vacation, turn the darned thing off for awhile.
The views were tremendous, the ride was fairly high speed at some points, and I REALLY enjoyed that.
This was my second snorkel trip in Maui, and it was totally different than the other. It is almost impossible to compare the two because they are so much different. If you want to see the entire island of Lanai this is for you.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

We had an absolute blast on our snorkeling tour around Lanai!! The winds were coming from a different direction than usual on the day we went so they improvised and took us to some spots that they dont usually stop at. Captain Dave rocks!!! I'm pretty sure we talked about him every day the rest of our trip. He has a great sense of humor.. I personally liked him becuase he teased my boyfriend of 3 years about not "popping the question" yet. :) Jeff was helping out the day we went and he was awesome too. Food was actually really good and I'm a picky eater (catered Subs, wraps, pasta salad.. milk and cookies on the way back into the harbor) Could not have had a better time! Well worth the money.. not just snorkeling , its an adventure, Will definitely book with Safari Boat Excursions again next time we are in Maui!!

1  Thank Danielle M
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We visited Maui for the 15th time in January, 2012. We did the Safari Boat Excursion around Lanai for the second time. We have been on excursions in Maui with just about every boat company offering tours and I have to say this is the tour we enjoy the most. This tour is not for everbody as it is a bit more physically demanding than most of the big boat snorkel trips and it is a bit more expensive than other tours (but in my opinion, well worth the additional cost). The thing we really enjoy about the Safari trip is the crew (Dave is crazy in a good kind of way way & Eric is very helpful and awesome) If the conditions are good you can't beat this trip. Monitor the winds and surf and book the trip right away when the conditions are right. You really will see things the other tour boats will not show you. If I was to visit Maui and could only do one tour this would be the one.

2  Thank pwtravels
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Book ahead of time because it fills up before you arrive in Maui. Be ready for a rough and windy ride over to the island and back and plenty of adventure. This trip is not for anyone who doesn't do well in boats and water. Bring towels, jackets and sunglasses. Be ready to warm yourself as you get in/out of the boat and water shoes are REQUIRED for lava climbing. Hydrate yourself before you go and the boat has alot of shade so you won't get sunburned. (sunscreen is bad for the coral reefs)

If you are in shape and want to take your teenagers on the adventure of a lifetime you can't miss this trip. Our 2 teen boys loved it and our son is now the youngest person to swim through the arch at age 14!

Get snacks early when they are offered because the boat is full and all the food goes. Love that because we didn't overeat and there was no waste.

Full day adventure - in late Dec / early Jan saw lots of whales on the way over and back. A must do for anyone who seeks thrills! The boat captain is boisterous and hilarious and entertaining all day.