All reviews nightly luau ocean front resort amenities an older building beautiful beach hotel room oceanfront room top floor bed was comfortable hear the waves awesome location beach access first floor tennis courts housekeeping staff watch the sunset front street
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed as part of our honeymoon trip, and really enjoyed this hotel. We enjoyed the beach and facilities. The room was basic but clean and ideal for our needs.

In particular, everyone was helpful and friendly. We would recommend.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lareinaroja
HHR_CustomerService, Customer Satisfaction Specialist at Kaanapali Ocean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Aloha

Thank you for your wonderful review with us on TripAdvisor. We are honored you chose our location for your honeymoon and are delighted you enjoyed our hotel. We are happy to see our staff showed you the true spirit of Aloha. We hope to welcome you again soon for your next adventure.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Started and ended our Maui vacation at the Kaanapali Ocean Inn. Stayed on the 3rd floor both times. Enjoyed the views of the mountain on the left and the beach on the right from the patio every day of our stay. Noise from the luau didn't bother us at all.

Trip type: Travelled with family
HHR_CustomerService, Customer Satisfaction Specialist at Kaanapali Ocean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Aloha

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to see you enjoyed your stay here with us, We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

I traveled to Maui with my niece as a sweet 16 treat for her. We stayed 2 nights at the Kaanapali Ocean and we loved it. My niece felt pampered. We enjoyed the pool and the market area. The music at night was great as well.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank Treena T
HHR_CustomerService, Customer Satisfaction Specialist at Kaanapali Ocean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Aloha

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to see your niece had a wonderful sweet 16 here with us and that she felt pampered. We look forward to welcoming you again when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I’m not sure what the going rate for a hotel is on Maui beach but this was the most we paid on a two week trip to the state
The room was nice with high ceilings, the TV was old and wouldn’t work with our portable hard drive.
The condition of the room was a bit below par with minor dirty ness here and there. The cleaning staff is below average as there was a leftover pizza in the fridge and the aircon was really noisy. It was the beach view room and about 30% of the balcony could see the beach.
The Luau (hosted on premises) was ok but for $120 USD I don’t want to stand in a drinks line for half hour and a food line for 15minutes. I’m glad we didn’t get the VIP option mainly because the bar was dead after my aforementioned initial long wait

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank danoz1981
HHR_CustomerService, Customer Care Team at Kaanapali Ocean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Aloha,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are truly sorry to hear of the experience you had with us. We try to maintain the highest standards of service but clearly that is not what happened here. We are addressing your concerns with the appropriate departments regarding the room and the experience with the luau. Again we are extremely sorry to have disappointed you and hope you consider us the next time you visit Maui.
Mahalo!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Spent six nights here recently, third floor ocean view. I had read good reviews as well as all the bad ones. Since I had stayed at the Royal Lahaina Resort last year I was familiar with the property and I knew I could use all the amenities of RLR while staying at the Ocean Inn. I was pleased with the room. Definitely nothing fancy but very spacious and clean with comfy beds and pillows. Did I mention the view was to die for. This property sits on the most beautiful, swimable stretch of beach. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Enjoyed the restaurant, pool bar, and rented paddle boards. Luau noise did not bother me and I was always able to find a parking space. Over all we enjoyed our time here and will be returning soon.

Trip type: Travelled with family
HHR_CustomerService, Customer Satisfaction Specialist at Kaanapali Ocean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Aloha

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel with fellow travelers. We couldn't agree with you more we have a beautiful stretch of beach our own little section of paradise with amazing views. We are very delighted to see you enjoyed your six night stay with us and we hope to welcome you again soon when your travels bring you to our area.