All reviews master bedroom air conditioner both bedrooms timeshare exchange red phone extra supplies sleeper couch kitchen utensils slack key show road noise owner occupied loft style chain link fence entire unit washer and dryer bed room comfortable unit
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Staying in Kahana Villa Vacation club I didn’t have so much expectations…………I had nothing to complain, it was a great stay!

CHECK-IN – we arrived few hours earlier and our room was ready. The check-in time process was very efficient. We got there and got our room. The front desk representative was very informative and nice. They have a sister resort that back-ups the front desk when KVVC front desk is closed.

ROOM CLEANLINESS – when we arrived the room smell fresh and clean. We left it was still smelling fresh and clean.

ROOM SIZE – we had one bedroom and it was more than a perfect size for my husband and I.

ROOM VIEW – we had a view of the water!!! I had my tea time in the balcony.

ROOM SUPPLIES – more than enough. They have extra supplies available.

ROOM APPLIANCES, FURNITURES, etc. – they are all functioning well. There is washer and dryer and hair dryer in the unit. That wasn’t mentioned on the timeshare page. Kitchen utensils, silvers, pots and pans etc were all clean! Extra towels for beach or pool available in the unit. The bed is in a good condition. I didn’t get any back pain. Sheets were smelling fresh and wash/clean. Even the patio furnitures were clean.

ROOM TURNDOWN – once a week.

PARKING – lots of parking

NEIGHBORHOOD – normal, I felt safe. There are little stores and restaurant in the neighborhood that we didn’t go. We spent most of our dining in the Front Street. We mostly droved to Paia and Lahaina for dining.

MISC
Air Conditioning – for us was perfectly fine. It was set for 70, we left it like that. We had it on during the day when we were not in the unit, we turned it off at night and left all fans on. It was perfect. We were vacationing in Nov had three hot hot days the air conditioning was perfectly fine. It’s true that the air conditioner air hardly gets to the room. BUT with the fan in the room we didn’t need it. If you are someone that requires a cool air when sleeping this is probably not a place for you!!!

Bugs – no bugs found!!! Hooorraaaayyyy. When checking-in there is a paper with instruction how to keep bugs away. When I go to an Island or tropical climate place I do expect bugs to come out here and there and hoping not the big ones.

Noise – Our room is facing the highway. It didn’t bother me. Because we were out and about almost all day as a result we slept well at night with the highway proximity. I can’t give a proper evaluation of the noise because as I said we were sleeping just fine. I heard few loud noise here and there but just got back to sleep just fine. I think they type of windows they have that’s why it doesn’t filter the noise from the highway. However, it all make sense to have that type of windows if you are in need of air circulation or ventilation in the room bec it only has a fan and it’s the hottest days of the year. Which I thought we had 3 hot days. I would say if you are a light sleeper this is probably not a place for you. Or inquire first for a room that is farthest from the highway.
No excessive crazy/loud noise from our neighbors.

Pool – there is a pool, we didn’t use it. We use the ocean.

Notes:
-there is faucet and shower close to the registration area to rinse after the beach. We thought they didn’t have one.
-the safe box didn’t work on the day of our departure. OMG…right? It was working fine but decided to give me a drama at the last hours. And not only that Front Desk of KVVC was closed. They are closed every Tuesday. I called the sister resort across the street…………
Front desk said she put in a request. Me: aahhhh when?, FD: Today, Me: aaahhh we are leaving in a few hours and we are about to check-out, FD: ok, we will note ASAP, Me: oooohhhkkk, thaaannnk youuuuu (with fear of missing the flight and will not happen). Which won’t be too bad!!!
Security came less than 30 mins and fixed the safe box. Wooohooooo….solved!

All in all it was a great stay. Nothing to complain, it was great place for us!!!! Thank you Kahana Villa Vacation Club!!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ednap1
Soleil M, Manager at Kahana Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Aloha, ednap1! Thank you so much for sharing your generous and informative comments. We are delighted we were the perfect choice and truly appreciate your highest rating. It was our pleasure to serve you, and we hope you will consider us again when you're planning your next visit to Maui. Mahalo!

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

This is my parents condo they weren’t able to use this year so they offered it to my wife and I. I wasn’t expecting luxury, just a comfortable place to stay while we enjoyed our first trip to Maui.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit, E414. It was on the end of the e building on the 4th floor. It is a comfortable place to stay with two bedrooms and two bathrooms upstairs. There were TVs in both bedrooms as well as the living room downstairs. The unit was well appointed with a full kitchen and dishes.

There was only one ac unit, downstairs in the window. The other reviews are correct when they state it makes cooling the bedrooms difficult. I’d suggest when checking in to ask for a fan immediately. We were able to keep the bedroom cool with the extra fan and the ceiling fans.

This is a no frills resort that is comfortable. The maid service is every three days. There is a small pool and jacuzzi on site. The beach across the street is adequate, but if renting a car I would suggest driving to Napili bay or Kapalua Bay.

We enjoyed our week here and plan to come back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank brandon h
Reviewed 4 October 2017

To be honest, we were apprehensive after reading some of the reviews of this property. This is not a luxury resort, but it does have everything necessary to facilitate a relaxing Hawaiian condominium-style vacation. The clean, comfortable rooms are well stocked with everything needed for meal preparations, washing and drying clothes, and have more than enough bath and pool towels. On site is a pool area featuring a nice small pool, jacuzzi and two bbq's. Directly across a two lane road is an absolutely beautiful beach and park area.

We stayed in a one bedroom unit up the hill from where you check in. We found plenty of parking, a luggage cart and an elevator to make getting our things to the room easy. The room with its one living room mounted AC unit was very warm at first, but we were able to cool things down using the two ceiling mounted fan and a floor fan provided by the people in the office. The bedroom was the most difficult room to cool but with patience we found a way to make it comfortable for sleeping.

We are very pleased we were able to make a timeshare exchange into this property that is only seven miles from all the charm of Front St, Lahaina.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rehclass
Reviewed 19 September 2017

I had a few concerns about the resort based on some of the comments on-line. What I found was a great place to stay I would definitely recommend this condo if you are an independent traveler and not expecting pampering from hotel staff and room service type of experience, this is not that type of resort.
The one bedroom unit was very nice. There are a large assortment of dishes and pots and pans if you wanted to cook. There was even a crock pot and blender. There were sufficient towels and beach towels. The stackable washer and dryer were a great feature. I always had clean towels for shower and beach use. I was very pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the sleeper couch. The mattress was great. There is only one AC unit in the living room (where I slept) so I was cool. The bedroom was warm but was perfect temp for my sister. The ceiling fans helped with the temp and you can ask for additional fans. The unit was very clean and everything was organized. Mid week our towels were exchanged, trash taken out, and floors sweep/vacuumed--nice touch. There was some noise but it was to be expected--the trash tuck in the am and some traffic (normal traffic). The unit was stocked with toilet paper, paper towels, laundry detergent, dish and dish washer soap, some toiletries, and a couple packets of coffee. The pool was great. Gas grills are available in the pool area to barbeque. We spent a lot of time across the street at the beach in front of the sister resort. There was a place to rent chairs, snorkel equipment and paddleboards. The restaurant at the sister resort (The Beach House) was a close convenient place to eat (reasonable and yummy). The sister resort had a convenience room with showers for timeshare owners to access when they had to check out at 11 and had a late evening flight. The room was a great perk as we played all day and could clean up before we left.
Go to the orientation breakfast as you can find out about things to do on the island and there are drawings for prizes.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Diane H
Soleil M, Manager at Kahana Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Aloha, Diane! Thank you for visiting Kahana Villa. We truly appreciate your kind words, highest rating and informative review. It was our utmost pleasure to serve you, and we hope you will consider us again the next time you're planning a visit to Maui. Mahalo!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My husband, son, his girlfriend and I stayed in unit 608 last week. We arrived late for check-in at 6:30 PM (front desk closes at 5). The sign on the wall said pick up the red phone but the sign on the red phone listed a phone number. This was very discouraging. My disappointment was short lived after calling the number I quickly retrieved our room keys and we headed to our room with our suitcases and Costco purchases (it is by the airport so it makes a quick stop on the way to your resort).

The room was beautiful with everything in working order, granite countertops and a view of the ocean. The resort is located across the street from the ocean so you will not hear any crashing waves but with the windows open the unit has an excellent breeze.

As listed in the other reviews the air conditioning is inadequate to cool the entire unit. Your best bet is open the windows. One night we were forced to close the windows due to loud neighbors. It was a bit warmer than I like to sleep but I slept. A few pleasant surprises included a midweek room clean (not just a towel exchange) and maintenance was kind enough to share their torx wrench so we could remove the top from our rented jeep and replace it a few days later.

The beach by the resort is not great. It is small and did not have any turtles or decent snorkeling. We were able to travel all over Maui and we found beautiful sandy beaches with lots of turtles and not very sandy beaches with excellent snorkeling.

If you are looking for a resort to park your car for a week, this is not the best choice. If you are looking for a pretty unit to lay your head on a clean pillow every night this is an excellent choice.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family