Best Western Pioneer Inn(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$ 433
US$ 399
  • Beachfront
Kahana Beach Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$ 209
US$ 191
Travelocity
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$ 531
US$ 509
HotelsClick
  • Pool
All reviewsmaster bedroomair conditionerboth bedroomstimeshare exchangesleeper couchred phoneextra supplieskitchen utensilsslack key showowner occupiedroad noiseloft stylechain link fenceentire unitstackable washer dryerbeach towelsocean view
Reviewed 19 September 2017

I had a few concerns about the resort based on some of the comments on-line. What I found was a great place to stay I would definitely recommend this condo if you are an independent traveler and not expecting pampering from hotel staff and room service type of experience, this is not that type of resort.
The one bedroom unit was very nice. There are a large assortment of dishes and pots and pans if you wanted to cook. There was even a crock pot and blender. There were sufficient towels and beach towels. The stackable washer and dryer were a great feature. I always had clean towels for shower and beach use. I was very pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the sleeper couch. The mattress was great. There is only one AC unit in the living room (where I slept) so I was cool. The bedroom was warm but was perfect temp for my sister. The ceiling fans helped with the temp and you can ask for additional fans. The unit was very clean and everything was organized. Mid week our towels were exchanged, trash taken out, and floors sweep/vacuumed--nice touch. There was some noise but it was to be expected--the trash tuck in the am and some traffic (normal traffic). The unit was stocked with toilet paper, paper towels, laundry detergent, dish and dish washer soap, some toiletries, and a couple packets of coffee. The pool was great. Gas grills are available in the pool area to barbeque. We spent a lot of time across the street at the beach in front of the sister resort. There was a place to rent chairs, snorkel equipment and paddleboards. The restaurant at the sister resort (The Beach House) was a close convenient place to eat (reasonable and yummy). The sister resort had a convenience room with showers for timeshare owners to access when they had to check out at 11 and had a late evening flight. The room was a great perk as we played all day and could clean up before we left.
Go to the orientation breakfast as you can find out about things to do on the island and there are drawings for prizes.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Diane H
Soleil M, Manager at Kahana Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Aloha, Diane! Thank you for visiting Kahana Villa. We truly appreciate your kind words, highest rating and informative review. It was our utmost pleasure to serve you, and we hope you will consider us again the next time you're planning a visit to Maui. Mahalo!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My husband, son, his girlfriend and I stayed in unit 608 last week. We arrived late for check-in at 6:30 PM (front desk closes at 5). The sign on the wall said pick up the red phone but the sign on the red phone listed a phone number. This was very discouraging. My disappointment was short lived after calling the number I quickly retrieved our room keys and we headed to our room with our suitcases and Costco purchases (it is by the airport so it makes a quick stop on the way to your resort).

The room was beautiful with everything in working order, granite countertops and a view of the ocean. The resort is located across the street from the ocean so you will not hear any crashing waves but with the windows open the unit has an excellent breeze.

As listed in the other reviews the air conditioning is inadequate to cool the entire unit. Your best bet is open the windows. One night we were forced to close the windows due to loud neighbors. It was a bit warmer than I like to sleep but I slept. A few pleasant surprises included a midweek room clean (not just a towel exchange) and maintenance was kind enough to share their torx wrench so we could remove the top from our rented jeep and replace it a few days later.

The beach by the resort is not great. It is small and did not have any turtles or decent snorkeling. We were able to travel all over Maui and we found beautiful sandy beaches with lots of turtles and not very sandy beaches with excellent snorkeling.

If you are looking for a resort to park your car for a week, this is not the best choice. If you are looking for a pretty unit to lay your head on a clean pillow every night this is an excellent choice.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bjjmengland
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We used our home timeshare to exchange for this resort (not sure I should call this place as a "resort") 10 months prior to the arrival through the Interval. We mistakenly made the decision for choosing this place by being cheated from the website where we looked through at it from the beginning. They use their "sister" resort where is just across the street from its own as the pictures for advertising; as it posted a nice pool, ocean front property... We arrived on Friday, and our first impression was this place was no ocean front as advertised and the property was old. We got the room key barely beat the front desk closing time at 5pm (what?!). We then entered our room at building E, although it was throughly cleaned, but it's very old and smelly. The bathtub was old/dirty looking; not sure it was rusted and/or the residues from dust, dirt, also "yucky" smelling. The "master bed" room was hot and had no AC (had fan instead though). My little boy has severe eczema and it gets worst when it's hot. After 10-15 minutes looking through the unit we immediately surfed through the internet for other lodging options. We then went to the pool for the kids to play a little bit and one of people there told us that we should wisely/conservatively use the beach towels (got them exactly one per person at the room, not at the pool) because "the next towel service is on Tuesday". No service, no one to talk to, don't even mention someone to complain. We ended up to spend a night there with windows opened from our room. It was so noisy from the cars/trucks roaring outside (behind the highway). The night went through horribly painful as our boy was crying because of being hot, itch and the noise outside. We decided to give up this place on the very next day of our 7-night stay here and rented the Hyatt resort which is 10 min drive away for the rest of the trip. We are so glad we did as I'm writing the review (my wife is so upset that she doesn't even want to talk about it but I thought I should share my opinion to other travelers who might be in the same situation as flighting hundreds of miles to enjoy a meaningful moment with the family). We travel several times a year and stay at 3-star resort here and there, but this one was truly "Motel 6" type of a place as one of the previous reviewers also judged.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank t7r2017
Soleil M, Manager at Kahana Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed we did not meet your expectations and apologize for any discomfort your child experienced during your stay. We are also sorry if you felt our website photos misrepresented the property. We can assure you they do not depict any other resort but our own. We do use our sister resort across the street, Sands of Kahana, for after-hours check-in, however. We likewise extend our sincere apologies if you perceived our accommodations, which recently underwent a comprehensive guest room renovation, were anything less than pristine and inviting. Thanks again for sharing your comments. We wish we had made a more favorable impression.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We stayed in a two story two bedroom unit. The upstairs was miserable, well above 85 degrees when we arrived despite the downstairs window unit being on. Not sure why there is no window unit upstairs. Overall the unit was good but no bathroom downstairs. Worth staying as long as not summer months

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2017

F206 was our room. It was clean and well maintained. As we walked into the condo our view was straight across the living room through a full glass and screen door. Beautiful view. The air conditioner was working well. It was located on the floor in the living room. Worked great for the downstairs. Upstairs we had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The master has one half glass wall, open over the living room. Not good if everyone is not on the same schedule. We had to keep our master door open in order for the other bedroom to get some ventilation. Again, not good if you wanted complete privacy. The bedrooms had ceiling fans which either worked full force or off, a bit tricky to adjust. The bathrooms had a good enough counter space. The important lesson that I learned here was to ask how much is owner occupied. This place is 70% owner occupied so as a visitor you have little selection on which room you get. There is a relationship with the two facilities across the street. You have to cross the street to get access to the beach. The beach is quite and calm. There is a great restaurant across the street with a beautiful view of their pool and the beach in the background. Happy Hour starts at 2PM! The facility across the street had a wonderful kiddy pool wit h salt water and only 3 ft deep at the most. Their "adult" pool was great better than Kahana Villa because of the closeness to the beach. We had a very friendly and knowledgeable woman present about the activities of the island at the hospitality continental breakfast. WE enjoyed the submarine tour. On my own I made reservations to see the Slack Key Show at the Napili Kai Beach Resort, this was the best!!!! If I wanted to stay in Lahaina, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: F206 was a good room, it had a view of the ocean, not beach front though.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank EBNYIII
Soleil M, Manager at Kahana Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Aloha! Thank you for visiting Kahana Villa and taking the time to share your experience. We are happy you had an enjoyable time and delighted you would stay with us again. Mahalo!