Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience for 2 inexperienced honeymooners

My wife and I did a semi-private lesson with Carol as our instructor and we couldn't be more... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Benjamin L
Great experience

Had a great time surfing with instructor Kiki. Was able to stand on the second try and had a couple... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
michlaz
Portland, Oregon

1,108 results
All reviews semi private lesson surf lessons surfing experience great instructor land lesson riding waves learn how hour lesson awesome surf group lesson catch waves learning how great waves photo package awesome experience two hours first timers
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We booked a semi-private lesson for our family of three. This was the very first time surfing for all three of us, including our daughter Lexi. Our instructor Gina was fantastic. She taught us the basics of safety, and how to paddle out in the channel, and ride back in the waves. Gina was so good with her instruction our daughter picked it up quickly and was riding waves by the end of our 2 hour lesson. Thanks to Gina and the entire team at MSG.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Elizabethonmaui, Public Relations Manager at Maui Surfer Girls, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Awesome! We love Gina. Glad you had a great time. Hope to see you all back on Maui soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The crew at MSG was awesome. My 15 year old daughter was excited, but a little apprehensive at first. Gina put her at ease and had her up on waves in no time. She loved her lesson and had we had more time on Maui she would have taken another!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My husband and I did a private lesson together. There were a few other small groups with their instructors in the same vicinity. This ended up being a real advantage, because the other instructors would give me feedback on a ride if our instructor was focused on my husband. I have never surfed before and am not terribly athletic, but I was able to stand up for 4-5 waves and had a blast! They also gave a great explanation for how to read the waves and choose a spot to swim out vs. a spot to ride a wave in. Loved it!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Elizabethonmaui, Public Relations Manager at Maui Surfer Girls, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Yes! Our instructors have such a passion for teaching surfing and we are glad that you had a great time! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Maui surfer girls made my first surf lessons fun. We were all surfing standing up quickly. Kiki, Carol, Dustin, and other instructors are always giving positive feedback while ensuring students are safe and happy. Their energy is always warm and their deep experience is evident. The staff effortlessly paddle between students providing one on one feedback in a beautiful setting that has long breaks that give many chances to catch a wave.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Second time surfing with Maui Surfer Girls - they are passionate about their sport and love sharing it with others. Mahalo for yet another great day of surfing!!