“Great location on oceanfront but needs better air...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
riotrip
Kentucky
“Great location on oceanfront but needs better air conditioning and parking”
Reviewed 5 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

For the price paid for this rental, I felt that it should have had better air conditioning, especially upstairs. The bedroom upstairs never got cool. We opened windows and got very little breeze. We ran air conditioner day and night with little relief. We would have liked a little more privacy. no door on bedroom upstairs and it has a half-wall looking down to the living room. My parents had the other king bedroom. There are sliding vented doors (the kind you usually see on closets) on that bedroom which is connected to the living room area. Not really private either. The third bedroom has two full/queen beds and a door. That was the best bedroom and we would have taken that one but the two beds were needed for all the kids. This was the only cool room in the place, it felt great in there. All rooms have nice tv's and all have noisy window air conditioners, but they dont do much to keep it cool. It was cooler outside. This 2b2 unit is an upstairs unit with skylights and many windows which caused it to heat up fast during the early morning. Sleeping late is impossible in the upstairs room because the sunlight is so bright but that was ok with us. The unit is nicely furnished and more than enough towels, pillows, etc. The wi-fi in our unit did not work until the day before we left. we had technicians come to fix it 3 times during our week. I called about getting the passcode for internet in the closest units so we could use internet to search the area for things to do but call was not returned. This area does not have billboards or any good way to find area attractions. The unit was difficult to find at first. Be sure you get an address before you get there. The address on the correspondence is not the unit address. I got a parking ticket for parking on the street in the area designated. I parked in the right place but in the wrong direction. $35...they only allow you one parking space and half the time there was someone else parked in mine. We had 2 vehicles so someone always had to park on the street.
There is a great Chinese place(China Boat) to eat across the street. The only place to eat within walking distance. It was wonderful and by far our favorite place in Maui to eat. $7.99 lunch special was awesome.
Another MUST...rent snorkel gear from Snorkel Bob's in the neighboring little town (Napili) and snorkel straight out in front of the unit. There are giant turtles and beautiful angel fish and plant life everywhere. We saw just as much life in front of the unit as we did on the $100 per person snorkeling tour we took. The tour was great but I loved snorkeling in front of the unit for free. I wasn't limited to an hour or so and it didn't require a bumpy boat ride. Take water shoes and never go in the water or on the beach without them. There are sea urchins and other things with stinging needles everywhere. On the plus side, I never saw any jelly fish or stingrays.
from this unit you have to drive approx 2 hours to get to the top of the volcano or to the waterfalls that we found. This was a lot more than I expected. It is nearly an hour drive to the airport. 30 minutes to aquarium and marina. Most restaurants are 10 to 30 minutes drive away.
we rented a surf board from a wonderful company that brought it out to us and picked it up for only $25 for two days. There are no waves in this area but the kids had a ball trying to learn to stand on it.
This property was very clean and all together a good place. Everyone was friendly and property was very nice.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location is perfect...view of the ocean is perfect
Liked least: airconditioning and privacy issues in bedrooms...no wifi while we were there.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
CO

person found this review helpful

California
Reviewed 9 November 2012 for a stay in October 2011

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing