14 people are viewing this hotel
Marriott$901
ZenHotels.com$901
Etrip$900
5,996 results
All reviews north property studio villa north pool pirate ship island view time share north side timeshare owners full kitchen free shuttle washer and dryer timeshare presentation kiddie pool beautiful property an umbrella great for families pool staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 November 2022

Once again a most amazing stay at The Westin Ocean Villas. We love the proximity to amenities, the beach outside our front door, hearing the waves . The pools are lovely with the sun beds being comfortable and plenty of them. The staff is amazing, professional and helpful. The rooms are beautifully appointed, we had everything we needed in our 2 bedroom lockoff. We will stay again and recommend to friends.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Other at The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2022

Aloha and Mahalo for your review of your recent stay at the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas. We are happy that you had an amazing stay! We are happy to hear our associates were helpful and amazing. We appreciate the feedback and hope you will come back back for another enjoyable vacation. Mahalo!

Reviewed 17 November 2022

This resort does not meet the Westin/Marriott label. The rooms were dated, the microwave was above my head, closet small, no room to put a suitcase, the hallways were not cleaned and dirty linen bags were left for days. It needs some help. We checked in late, there was not a bellman or a valet. One person at the front desk with one person checking in ahead of us. It took about an hour to check in. This is unacceptable. Then we were told to park and go up back stairs to get to our room, which was scary and truly unsafe. Fortunately we did have a balcony that we could enjoy. The pools were nice, but not enough pool chairs. Seems you have to grab one and stay all day to keep it. The beach is nice, but grab your own chair. I really liked the walkway to the other resorts and to Whalers village. The resort is a maze of rooms so be prepared to walk around multiple corners to find your room, the elevator, an exit. Its an interesting design. Housekeeping was very nice and provided the services we requested promptly.
I did like that they had local markets available onsite.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank grlskas

Aloha and Mahalo for the review at the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas. We apologize for the unfavorable check-in experience, but we are glad our housekeeping staff were pleasant and prompt. We appreciate the feedback and hope you still had a wonderful vacation in Maui. A hui hou!

Reviewed 9 November 2022 via mobile

Very bad experience at check in. Made reservations for a corner ocean front room months one advance. Made a request for a high floor several months in advance and called a few times. Was placed on the first floor near bushes where there were several insects and spiders. Initially they were going to change our room the next day, however we were later told it was not available and that there is nothing they could do because it’s not a hotel. Very poor customer service. Service is not the same since Marriott took over. I do not recommend this location if you are not an owner. My sister in law booked three rooms as an owner and their rooms were not ready until 6PM. Not sure if being an owner helps!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank StaycationLA
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Other at The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2022

Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for your disappointment with your room location. As a vacation ownership resort, Owners are provided priority with room location if they are staying on their ownership. We hope you were still able to enjoy your visit to the island!

Reviewed 3 November 2022

I would give this place negative stars if I could. What an absolute joke. Be warned before booking a timeshare presentation deal, especially if they stick you in Building 8. Read on-

Imagine booking a vacation 8 months out and being so excited to show your new daughter the paradise of the Hawaiian islands only to find that your accommodations are unsafe and completely unacceptable and that's what you get at the Westin Maui Ocean Club Villas. When booking, my mother-in-law received the same promotional offer so we had asked to connect the reservations and be near each other as she would be helping take care of our 2 year old. Checked in here last night at 745, Australian-accent lady at the front desk was extremely slow getting us keys and neglected to mention that she was checking us into a handicap accessible room. They also placed my MIL directly across the resort from us (literally the two opposite corners of the property). When we get to our room, we find the room has been transformed and has 28" countertops that were at my thighs (I'm 6'0"), no oven (because no oven can fit in that space with the lowered counters), a large chunk of the counter taken up by a microwave (which sits above the stove in the regular units), a bathroom which has 100sq ft+ of open space with no divider in the toilet, and a tiny shower with a curtain and shower head that's at my chest level. My completely average sized two year old hit her head on the undersized counter within two minutes of walking into the room. Im constantly hitting my head on the chandelier which now sits in the middle of the walkway between the kitchen counter and dining table.

The other wonderful thing about the room they assigned us? It's on the corner of the property right next to "county land" where a homeless encampment exists about 150ft from my balcony door. This morning I was woken by a colorful conversation between the inhabitants over a domestic violence issue. Yes, there are violent vagrants located directly adjacent to the property and the resort says there is nothing they can do about it.

The property has one "restaurant" which is actually a food truck by the pool which only serves sandwiches at dinner time. No entrees.

We asked both the marketing people and the front desk manager if they could move us to another category or room and were given less attractive options like a room directly over the food truck or rooms on the first floor that are directly accessible by the homeless camp next door.

These people have the gall to invite you to fly halfway across the Pacific Ocean to give you their absolute worst accommodations and then expect you to sit through their time share presentation and spend more money? LOL. These people don't know the first thing about hospitality. I have attended plenty of these types of promotional offers from Hilton and Hyatt and this is by far the worst, I don't ever want this company to contact my family again.

3  Thank leonb550
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Other at The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2022

Leon, we apologize that we were unable to fulfill your request for rooms nearby or to move to another location of your expectation and for your frustration with receiving an accessible unit. We appreciate you sharing your review and thank you for trying our location.

Reviewed 26 October 2022

Although there were 4 people working the front desk and there were only 2 other couples in front of me, it took over an hour to get to a front desk agent. Everyone seemed to be busy doing other things as opposed to attending guest.

As I checked in, the agent proudly announced that there weren't any resort fees but I would be charge for parking. I told her that I didn't have a car and after a few minutes, she told me that she had taken it off my bill and acted as if she was doing my favor. Taking it off? It is an add-on.

I was told that my room was not ready. I understood, it was mid afternoon and check-in was 4PM. I went to the restaurant to get something to eat. Around 4 PM, I was told the room was ready and I was given my room number.

I headed to the room and after setting down the luggage I said to my partner, not to unpack. I had paid a significantly higher price for an ocean view room. The only view we had was the screaming kiddie pool. No matter how I leaned over the balcony or stood on my lanai chair, could we see the ocean.

I went back tot he desk and once again waited 45 minutes to talk to an agent. The original agent was standing right next to my agent and when I said that she had checked me into a non-ocean view room after I paid for an ocean view room, the original agent refused to acknowledge me and quickly disappeared. It took another half an hour to get me into a different room which was once again, not ready.

So much for day one of my trip. It took the entire day to check and and there wasn't a singe apology or a single concession. The activity of selling one thing and not delivering is not only unethical but it is illegal. I was robbed of my first day of vacation and couldn't believe that they weren't going to make any concessions and didn't provide an apology.

I had stayed at this property a few years back. Time has not been kind to it, the ikea looking furniture looks chipped and scratched, the water faucets in my bathroom leaked. Don't get me wrong, overall it is a nice room but it is over priced and the service is underwhelming.

Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank LAGuy90019
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Other at The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2022

Aloha and Mahalo for providing your feedback with us. We are truly sorry for the arrival experience. We ask if you are presently on-site, please dial "0" and speak to a manager regarding your concerns. We hope you enjoy the rest of your stay!