This is not a bad review of the Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort Villas, but It’s not a great review either. As for as a clean, safe, newer property on the beach, this is all of that. The beach is completely perfect. A few feet into the water and there is this beautiful pristine reef heavily populated with a variety of colorful fish. It looks like you are swimming in a world class aquarium. Turtles, Ells, fish, its all here. It is a time share hotel, so know you get the sales pitches from time to time, but it was not a big turn-off, because we knew that going in.
They have beach rental for chairs and umbrellas at the beach, but you have to to all the way back to the north building beach shop for any towels, and to pay the rental fees.
The restaurants are predictably average, but pleasant enough. The grounds are great, and there is a running/walking path that runs along the beach which is fantastic.
You cannot get food or beverage service on the beach so you have to abandoned your chairs and things if you want anything to drink or eat.
Having a washer and dryer in the room was very cool, because things don't always dry in time on the balcony.
The TV doesn’t have the typical movie rental/cable hookup, so we could not rent movies or select the usual variety of channels found at a regular hotel, and we were surprised there was no CD player in the room.
The room was pretty bland and utilitarian. You can cook and eat in the room, but the small square table is not very comfortable, and the view of the parking lot doesn’t add to it either.
The mountain/island view is really a huge parking lot view. The room is not good if you sometimes get up or go to bed at different times than the others in your party, because it is just one big room, and the wall dividing the bathroom from the bedroom area is a folding accordion style made of wooden blinds, so it does not block much light or sound.
The jetted tub sounds so nice, but it is pretty small. My wife is 5’6” and normal weight and she found it to be cramped, and it was almost impossible for her and our 7 year old to bath together. The shower was terrible. It has a mounted head high on the wall with low water pressure, so getting sand from the beach off your body and legs is frustrating. It would actually be worth bringing your own head/hand wand and attach it when you get here. All of the lights in the bathroom and toilet are on just one switch, so if you go to the bathroom in the night you can not turn on the light because of that accordion wall which lets light leak into the bedroom area.
It is a nice big room with a small but working kitchen with a small refrigerator with a washer and dryer. The grounds are beautiful, and the beach is perfect. The restaurants are adequate. This is not an elegant hotel with memorable meals, but it is nice for what it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and West Maui Mountains, makes The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas the perfect island retreat. Each spacious and stylish one and two-bedroom villas include private lanais, full-sized kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Ka Anapali Ocean Hotel
- Westin Villas Maui
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Villas
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Maui/Lahaina