I stayed at this Westin for 5 nights in April 2012 for a girls trip. Hotel is 26 miles from the airport. A nice scenic drive. The king ocean villa was a upgraded room from the standard (no charge). The villa has a desk, couch, table and 2 chairs, king bed. There is almost a full kitchen - full size refrigerator, half stove, dishwasher, sink, microwave, washer/dryer, nice big bath room w separate oversize tub with jets. Everything was 100% clean and in great shape. Maid service in the villas is 1x during a 5 night stay otherwise you pay for additional maid service. Beautiful hotel and room. The heavenly bed is positively heavenly.
The staff was super friendly and accomodating the entire time. There are two bars, one by the pool and one by the ocean. Food is pretty good at both, but expensive ($20 burger, $10 salad and four drinks was $50 + tip. There is an italian restaurant on premises but I did not eat there. The drinks from both pools were watered down, or mostly juice so I switched to beer (about $6 for a bud light can).
We sat through a timeshare presentation and received $100 resort credit for any room charges. They said it was 60-90 minutes and it was actually 2 1/2 hours. It wasn't bad but is was very long and they were very persistent. Not pushy but persistent.
There is a grocery about a mile away. We stocked the fridge with snacks, drinks, etc to avoid overpaying at the resort. And the kitchen is perfect for this. There is an onsite market to pick up the items you forgot, get Starbucks coffee in the morning, pastries, etc.
The hotel is right on the beach. You can rent chairs ($10/day) and umbrella ($20/day) that they set up for you, until 4pm. You can bring alcohol or a cooler down to the beach. You can't take your drink from the hotel bar down to the beach.
We went to the luau at the sister Westin property which is a free shuttle ride away, or $18 parking fee if you drive over. It is walking distance but it's too dark to walk back at the end. The luau is $109/person + tax, tip and includes a show, dinner and drinks. Drinks were horrible. Dinner was good and show was great.
Went to the spa ($140 + required 20% tip) for a deep tissue massage. If you get any service at the spa you have access to the amenities all day. This turned out to be a great place to stop in and freshen up after walking in the heat.
There are plenty of great bars, restaurants, shops in walking distance. Bars have happy hour as early as 2pm and as late as 7pm. Almost everything is completely dead, empty by 9 or 10pm.
Great location with several reasonably priced restaurants and bars in walking distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and West Maui Mountains, makes The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas the perfect island retreat. Each spacious and stylish one and two-bedroom villas include private lanais, full-sized kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Ctrip TA so you can book your The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Ka Anapali Ocean Hotel
- Westin Villas Maui
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Villas
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Maui/Lahaina