“OMG! Yum!”

Ranked #5 of 27 Dessert in Lahaina
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 10
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Breakwall Shave Ice Co. opened March 1st, 2012, by childhood friends from Georgia. After a day at the beach surfing and playing volleyball, the idea spawned to have their own spot to go after a long beach day for something to refresh and rehydrate. What was just a fun idea, turned into reality and Breakwall Shave Ice Co. was born. Combing their love of Hawaii and their passion for the city life, they wanted to create a simple shop to serve shave ice and fresh dishes, with a modern city vibe. Drawing inspiration from the beauty around Maui, they designed a shop that is cool, relaxing, comfortable, inviting, and with FREE WIFI! Designing the menu with fresh and local ingredients in mind, they integrated island fruits for acai bowls and smoothies, local ice cream for shave ice, and local coffee to help get the days started. Breakwall Maui has the best shave ice around! We keep our flavors chilled, so the shave ice won't melt right away in the Lahaina Heat. Plus, we have World Famous ADULT SHAVE ICE! The shave ice gets tipsy when you add your favorite liquor (21+ - Dine in only). Try Adult Shave Ice during Happy Hour 2-6pm daily for only $5! Breakwall Shave Ice Co. designed by surfers and friends with an enthusiasm for exceptional fresh food and first class shave ice, this endeavor is truly their passion. Inviting you to join in the aloha at Breakwall Shave Ice Co. for fantastic grinds, delicious shave ice, and exciting Maui adventures! See you soon!
Reviewed 14 June 2018

I had been visiting another spot nearby for my shave ice. Got some coupons from our timeshare jerks to visit this place. Free ice cream scoop under the shave ice. It was the only really good thing about owning a timeshare. This place makes the best shave ice. I had macadamia nut ice cream at the bottom of mine. I think it made my toes curl! Awesome stuff! Next time, I'm trying the adult shave ice. Can't go wrong with that, right? Wish I could go there now!

Katia H, Manager at Breakwall Shave Ice Co., responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Thanks so much for paying us a visit. Ice cream on the bottom is so delicious, you get two desserts in one!! We have daily Happy Hour specials from 2pm - 6pm and some even have ice cream on the bottom! Please come down and see us again. Many Mahalos!

Reviewed 14 June 2018

We ate at Down the Hatch next door and I noticed the shaved ice place. When we saw how long the lines were at other vendors, I decided the line might be shorter because Breakwall is in a courtyard off the street. We discovered that they have adult shaved ice and it was happy hour. I could go on and on about this delicious and refreshing concoction which is a must for anyone visiting Lahaina. Let me just say that we will always remember the frozen deliciousness of the Pina Colada and Mojito shaved ice.

Aloha! Thanks so much for coming down to experience the magic of Adult Shave Ice. It is the ultimate treat to beat the summer heat. We have a sweet Happy Hour special everyday from 2pm - 6pm. Hope to see you down here to try the other flavors. Mahalo!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Walking past the shaved ice menu caught my eye.
The adult selection on a hot day was the BEST i have seen and tried.
I have never had a shaved ice in an alcoholic fashion.
Wow quite large, very tasty and so refreshing on a hot day.
A caution to prospective buyers, VERY ADICTIVE.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Katia H, General Manager at Breakwall Shave Ice Co., responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Aloha JJ,

You're right, the adult shave ice is very addictive so make sure to enjoy responsibly :) . Hope you come back and try out the other flavors!

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Literally had to convince my husband to try because he had no idea what "shave ice" is! Many reviews on Food Network etc so I absolutely had to try but never heard of "adult shave ice"?! Wow!! Incredible and thank-you so much! We tried the Adult Pina Colada and Mai Tai and totally loved them!! We will be back

Aloha Shaujam,

Glad you were able to convince him to come try the Adult Shave Ice! Hopefully now he will ALWAYS listen and do what you say!! :)

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

I definitely recommend you come here for the Shave ice! They have adult shave ice too, but i just glt the regular. You can also get Natural flavors so none if that really sweet syrup. I got the guava strawberry and it tasted great. You can tell it was natural sweetness and so refreshing! I git a kids size, but it was still pretty big!

Aloha njdevils,

Thank you for taking the time to send such a great review and for mentioning the Natural Flavors that we try so hard to make. Using the natural, island ingredients really makes the difference in taste and quality. We appreciate you noticing!!

Katia

Been to Breakwall Shave Ice Co.? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK