“First Time In Maui”

Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Orange, California
“First Time In Maui”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

This was our first time ever in Maui and we loved it! At first we were a little nervous about our stay as per the previous reviews. Actually, I was quite nervous. However the moment we entered the door and did our inspection, we were immediately satisfied! Our stay was very comfortable and the staff was very nice and polite. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ocgirl21
, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Aloha ocgirl21,

Thank you for your review. I'm happy you chose the Outrigger Aina Nalu and enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Aloha,

oan@outrigger.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
burlingame, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

We came for a one week babymoon and were not disappointed. condos were clean, the room was small but the bed was comfortable. Shower was very nice, kitchen very useful. I especially liked the outdoor pools and the jacuzzi surrounded by green grass and views of the mountain.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Aloha stephane r,

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in December. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Property was really quiet...probably helped that the pools close by 10pm! We didn't expect much as we were nervous about some of the reviews we read. This place was recommended to a friend and we found it to be JUST what we needed. We stayed in a 2 bdrm, 2 bath condo with a full kitchen, washer/dryer and pull out sofabed for 2 nights...it was a VERY short walk to front street. Although not a beachfront hotel, we enjoyed our stay as parking was EASY, but they charge $15/day, not bad when compared to having paid $25-$30 at a resort hotel. There are 2 pools to choose from and a lanai for use as first come first served. The front desk closes at 10pm and housekeeping at 4pm...so make sure you have what you need before then! We called for extra blankets, sugar and coffee and rec'd none of them until our last morning there... BUT Kama'aina rate was $178, and if you're military, book through Outrigger's military liason for $170/night rate...and for all that we got it was a SPECTACULAR deal! ENJOY your stay!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank JustMe808
Aloha JustMe808,

thank you for your positive review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Outrigger Aina Nalu. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

This is my first time in Maui (or any part of Hawaii at all) and I found my stay in this property extremely satisfying. At the end of my 5-day stay in Aina Nalu, my only gripe was that I could not have stayed longer.
On the first note, the staff at this place are very friendly, helpful upon request but never intrusive. They seem only to appear when I need them to fix the air-conditioner or to provide more soap and shampoo for me but otherwise you do not see them strutting up and down the walkway ever so often.
The rooms on the property are clean, well-maintained, complete with a kitchen and washer and dryer. The design of the property also carries a tropical style with the extensive use of wood for construction and Hawaiian colors for indoor decor.
One huge plus point for Aina Nalu is its close proximity to Lahaina town--a very lively tourist town with all the convenience stores, gift shops, restaurants and bars and art galleries, both along the Front Street next to the water and the back streets hidden behind the shophouses. There was not a night when my girlfriend and I did not spend strolling down the street. In addition, it is a great spot to catch the sunset in Maui for some beautiful photos. Lahaina is also a short drive (about 10 minutes from Kanaapali beach and 20 minutes away from the Ritz Carlton --they have a golf course with stunning bay view).
Last but not least, there are plenty of free street parking slots along the street in front of the property and we never had to pay 15 dollars a night to park our car.
Awesome. Would definitely live here again if I ever go back.

Room Tip: Definitely get their one-bedroom or two-bedroom. The studio is a little small.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Toby Y
Aloha Toby Y,

thank you for your review. I'm so pleased you decided to spend your first trip to Hawaii and Maui at the Outrigger Aina Nalu. We look forward to welcoming you back and please don't hesitate to contact me if you need assistance in booking your next stay.

Cleveland East Suburbs, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

We stayed there the begining of May, 2012 for 5 days. I thought staff was nice, check in went smoothly.
We had a one bedroom. The main problem was the musty odor. I am not bothered by it and it disapates with air conditioning which does rattle. Although some rattle was was the shades above the air conditioner.
I did not ask for room cleaning so I cannot comment but my wife hates staying where the beds are not not made by the staff each day and the the room vacumed each day. Oh well.

This is a very very convenient location. You walk further to get your luggage at LAX then from this place to front street. I liked the grounds, did not use the pool but went to a beach. Expedia concierge was great.
Most of the grievences about noise, tv's, etc. may or may not be true about your stay, but these problems tend to be room specific. Our room abutted the parking lot and we never heard any noise.
Parking is 15 dollars but the cost is not hidden and you can park on street. I figured with a 500 deductable on my car insurance, I would pay to park and avoid problems. BTW its cheaper to rent a car then to take ground transport from airport.
This was my first and last trip to Hawaii. It's expensive, far away, very pretty in spots, expensvie (did I say that already?) We went to attend our son's wedding or would not have gone.
Did bike ride down mountain with sunrise, trip to Hana, aquarium, walked around. I would rather go to Europe.

Room Tip: Don't get efficency, it is quite small.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Aloha Keevin,

thank you for taking the time to review the Outrigger Aina Nalu. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.