“Couldn't ask for more!”
Review of Aina Nalu

Aina Nalu
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We love the Aina Nalu! My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in 2010. The location is PERFECT. You’re within walking distance to downtown Lahaina, the dock, and restaurants. Keep in mind these units are condos, so they may not have the frequent housekeeping you are use to. Although, our unit had beyond everything we could ask for..such as a full kitchen and all the kitchen items you would ever need. Oh, did I mention we got a complimentary upgrade?! My family is already booked for another unit at the Aina Nalu for later this year. We love the location, the two pools, the hot tub, the available grills, cabanas..we love everything!..no complaints!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nomealaska
AinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Aloha nomealaska,

Thank you so much for your positive review! Please let me know if you need any assistance with your next stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again this year.

Aloha,

Michelle Finn
Guest Relations
oan@outrigger.com

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Aina Nalu is located adjacent to the shops, restaurants and attractions in old Lahaina town. Most of the top tourist locations are within walking distance—or just a short car trip away. The rooms I saw have been nicely updated (the resort itself is relatively old) and the pool areas are very, very nice. That said, I don’t recommend the resort. There are a number of significant issues that will interfere with a pleasant stay. First (and inexplicably) is the fact that the rooms offer essentially no usable outside lanai space. The second-story rooms have a lanai that is literally less than three feet deep. They are too small for a chair, let alone a recliner. The first-floor rooms are worse. This is absurd in Hawaii where outside space is so important. Second, make sure you know that this is NOT a beach resort. You will walk at least 15 minutes to a decent albeit crowded beach. More probably, you’ll need to drive. The pools are small and are no substitute for the ocean. After all, why do you come to Hawaii? Third, almost all the rooms look out on parking lots. The design of this complex is puzzling in its deficiencies. Fourth, airflow through the rooms is poor and the air conditioning (at least in the unit I rented) is noisy and barely functional. I was looking at buying a condo in this complex because I liked the location so much. I wanted to stay before plunking down the money. I am SO glad that I did. Not only would I never consider buying a unit here . . . I wouldn’t even want to come back for a couple of nights.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank wandering_bob231
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I took a group of 8 to Hawaii for a sales promotion and decided on the Aina Nalu because of relatively good reviews and because the rooms offer kitchens. I was impressed with the grounds and with our room. The group especially liked being able to walk to front street for a quick bite to eat or some shopping. We made a few special requests (an attempt to get our group staying in rooms close together) and the staff went out of their way to accomodate. I was very pleased with the level of service we received. The saltwater pool and cabana are a great place to gather as a group or just relax. I would recommend requesting a room adjacent to one of the pools rather than a room facing the parkign lot.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank John M
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The Outrigger Aina Nalu was not bad of a stay on Maui. It was close to the beach and the more "down town" area. The rooms were decent sized and the bathrooms/kitchen were nice! The furniture and sheets did feel a little old, but it was clean. The pool wasn't very impressive, but we didn't really stay there much. Having the kitchen & in-unit laundry machines was definitely a nice addition to our stay. We were able to cook up breakfast in the mornings. This is definitely an ideal place to stay for families; however I think next time we'll be looking for more of a resort type of stay in Maui!

Room Tip: Request for upstairs rooms. Downstairs is street level and everyone from the parking lot can view in...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gwenguns
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I just returned home from 11 days in Hawaii, with two days/nights being at the Outrigger Aina Nalu. I stayed there April 7th and 8th.

I didn't get a chance to use the amenities of this resort, so I can't comment on them much other than a quick walk around the property. Only spending two days on Maui didn't leave us much time to relax. My buddy and I were there mainly to snorkel and sample nightlife so we only used the room for sleeping.

With that said, the place was EXACTLY what we wanted. Lahaina was a very bright spot on our 11 days in Hawaii and as soon as I can go back, 4/5 days in Lahaina will be the minimum. This resort is within walking distance of everything you need: shops, restaurants, bars, etc. Lahaina itself just has an amazing atmosphere.

The 2 bedroom that we got for the two nights was outstanding for the price. I can't imagine anyone complaining. It would be comfortable for two couples, with a huge family room/kitchen/shared space that we didn't even use. The bathroom was well appointed and I loved the shampoo. I travel constantly for my job and spend a lot of time in hotels. I would stay there again in a heartbeat, and will be advising to all of my friends/relatives that this is a great place if you want to avoid the "big impersonal Disney-style" resorts a bit further north up the coast.

Room Tip: I stayed in room K-404 and it was great.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends