“Excellent meal and a great venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pulehu

Pulehu
Reserve with OpenTable
Pulehu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 262 Restaurants in Lahaina
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Pulehu, an Italian Grill, presents traditional Italian cuisine with a local sustainable twist. Overlooking the koi pond gardens of The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas, the resort's talented team of chefs partner with local farmers and growers to offer only the freshest ingredients that Maui has to offer. This 6-year Maui No Ka 'Oi 'Aipono Award winning restaurant is also known for its vibrant and thoughtful wine list. Complimentary valet parking available.
Kansas City, Missouri
“Excellent meal and a great venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

We have been coming to the Westin for 10 years. Finally decided to try the Pulehu italian restaurant as we heard good things about it from other guests. Our table was in the area which opens into the gardens, pool area and stars above. Beautiful even though we have been spoiled by the beauty of Hawaii for many years. We started with Proseco by the glass, delightful. Crispy calamari that was indeed crispy, hot and well seasoned. My wife had the tomato soup which was full of fresh tomato flavor, slightly thickened and expertly seasoned. I enjoyed the risotto crusted pesce. I did not ask which type of fish it was but it was a generous portion of wonderfully prepared fish. My wife chose the Caprese as her main dish and it was a generous serving of red and yellow tomatoes with the usual mozarella, basil and balsamic vinegar. The tomatoes were supreme in their taste and texture. Finally for dessert we were steered to the gelato which was as good as any I have ever had. All in all a wonderful dining experience that we will repeat.

• Visited February 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Portland, Oregon
“YUM YUM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

This place is great. My sister and I went here and had an amazing experience. The restaurant has just the right balance of lighting, which in my opinion can really make or break the mood. However, I was with family, so "mood" wasn't the only thing on my mind. Food was there too. And food we did have. We got a sampler appetizer platter which was delicious. But even BEFORE that we were able to nosh on crispy bread sticks dipped in butter all the while sipping on delicious cocktails made by the lovely bar staff. Then of course came the main meal. Yes siree. I had steak. It was all kinds of awesome and juicy.
And since the hostess sat us right near a koi pond I was even able to feed my rebellious side by giving bread crumbs to the fishes (woops!). Wait! Theres more! Like every tourist I had the desire to capture all the kodak moments of my sister and I dining and after a while the self photos just werent cutting it. Luckily, our sweetie-pie waiter, Drew, was not only a superb server but some kind of photo magician and managed to capture the full extent of our beauty on camera even while gulping down cocktails and forks full of food.

Long story short, this restaurant is a must go. And hey if I had the dough I would have stayed at the resort too!

• Visited May 2011
Lahaina, Hawaii, United States
“Spectacular Experience Wonderful Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

My husband and I had a great time at Pulehu. I had the spaghetti and my husband had the shrimp alfredo. Both were really delicious. Drew was our waiter and he treated us better than ever. Also the wine list was amazing!

Overall it was a great dining experience. Highly recommended!

• Visited January 2012
Englewood, Florida
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

A Must-Do while visiting Maui.....Excellent Restaurant including food and service by our waiter Drew.....Food was exceptional!

• Visited March 2011
Eugene, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food - even better service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

i went with some girlfriends.... and we had a light meal
all the salads were amazing specifically the cez and caprese our server Drew, told us that they were all from the island and that the restaurant had recently won an award for supporting local growers! totally a plus....
recomend this for anyone who likes good food and friendly faces...

set on a beautiful coi pond with beaufiful faces... oh and almost forgot i have never seen such an attentative manager... buzing around the restaurant and checking in multiple times to see how our dinner was going...

• Visited December 2011