You're not getting for what you pay for, you get somethin way better. This was my first time staying in a hostel and I had no high expectations to be met, so in fact what I got was a pleasant surprise. The rooms are clean and bathrooms are too, there's a fridge, microwave and telephone in the room - which, if you think about it all come in handy if you're travelling on a budget and want to save & nuke your leftovers from eating out, or heatin up something from the frozen aisle at the grocery store, and most hotels won't provide you with such options. The rooms are all fully equipped with air-conditioning and perfectly comfortable. Didn't get bothered by any bugs so don't know what that guy is on about, sounds like bit of a d-bag, also nobody ever said this was a youth hostel, genius.The location is perfect, super close to everything you need to be by, restaurants, stores and the wharf cinema (if you're getting around by bus). The staff is wonderful, super friendly and very knowledgeable, and will definitely answer your questions. Only thing I feel I should mention is if you're gonna choose the cheapest option like I did, which is to stay in the co-ed dorm (3 bunk beds), you should definitely be a people person. I was travelling alone and the first night there there were 4 other guys in sets of 2. Met one early in the morning and he said he and his buddy were takin off, nice fella. The other 2 were kids and were from Brazil, nice guys and left later on that day too. Another guy came later on that day and was plenty friendly, but just a little too much. I get along with most people but if you don't really like someone you're sharing a room with it can be kind of tedious. If you're not willing to risk having to put up with different kinds of people, you should probably fork out a little more for a more private room.
Everything on Maui is expensive and gonna cost you, save yourself some money to spend on other things you might wanna do, like take some surf lessons, go on a helicopter ride or a fishing trip and just stay here! You can sleep when you're not in paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lahaina's Last resort hostel is a truly backpackers Hostel and prove that there is no reason to settle for staying anywhere but in the heart of Old Lahaina Town. Its quaint seafront, numerous art galleries, legendary restaurants, and good nightlife have been calling to visitors for years. Foodland grocery store is a three minute walk towards town. 2.5 miles from the celebrated Ka'anapali Beach and walking distance from the beautiful Baby Beach in Lahaina! We believe that when traveling, the five most important elements of that "Once in a lifetime" experience include: great location, comfort, safety, good value for money, and great people - and this is what we are proud to bring to you at Once. We want you to feel at home here at The Lahaina's Last Resort Hostel That's why we included all of the following for your comfort WE OFFER: Free Different Tours/activities of Maui: MONDAY: Kanaha beach Park TUESDAY: Snorkel (Kapalua Bay and Napili Bay) WEDNESDAY: Hike Bamboo Forest THURSDAY: Snorkel (Ka'anapali Beach and Honolua Bay) FRIDAY: BBQ Night SATURDAY: Northwestern Coast (Blow Hole, Olivine Pools and a short hike 'Lower Makamaka'ole Falls') SUNDAY: Fun day at Little Beach and Big Beach AMENITIES: -Free Breakfast -Free Wi-Fi -Free parking -Fire-Proof Security Safe at Front Desk. -Free Luggage Storage -Free use of boogie boards -Free use of Snorkel equipment -Free use of Surfboard -Board Games -Free City Maps -BBQ charcoal grill -Coin-up Laundry -Linens provided -Air conditioner and mini fridge in all the rooms -Free use of Foosball -Free use of Tennis racquets and balls (Public tennis courts are available in Lahaina) Staff at the resort can help plan visits and reserve excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Lahaina's Last Resort Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lahaina`s Last Hotel Lahaina
- Lahaina's Last Resort Hostel Maui